Did you mean: 
Need help?

Download Speed Dropped

dub_dee
Participant
Please can you check for an update?
Community Team

Hi dub_dee,

I've chase this up with our network team and let you know when I have an update 

Thanks

Chris

Community Team

Hi dub_dee,

Our network team have ordered another router to test with, they've also advised that they'll need to arrange an engineer visit to investigation further, to do this can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges
  • Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.

I've also PM'd you to confirm some other details 

Thanks

Chris

Community Team

Hi dub_dee,

Our network team have confirmed that they've booked the engineer visit for : April 02 2019, AM (08:00-13:00) as requested - please let us know how you get on 

Chris

dub_dee
Participant

OK thanks. Will see what they say.

On a side note - happy to try the new router but not sure what that's going to do as I have tested my old talktalk router and used a new router that I will be using. I already proved it wasn't the router.

Community Team

You're probably right, probably not going to make any difference using the new router but as they're sending it I thinks it's worth giving it a try 🙂

Chris

dub_dee
Participant

Hi Chris,

Just updating you. I booked the morning off work for no engineer to turn up. When ringing talk talk helpline they said it got cancelled because tests hadn't been done.

1) Why haven't the tests been done on the line? I assumed they had

2) Why did I not receive any correspondence regarding the cancelled visit?

3) When can you book another visit? 

This is ridiculous.

Community Team

Hi dub_dee,

I'm really sorry about the engineer no show, I'll try to find out why it was cancelled. When will you be available for us to arrange another visit 

Chris

dub_dee
Participant

Hi Chris,

I can't guarantee a day I will be in and I'm away for 3 weeks at the end of this week.

What the guy on the phone said is that it was cancelled because the tests were out of date - he then ran some more line tests. He also then said that they think it's an external fault so would need to check that first before a home visit. He said it must be fixed in 72 hrs.

I can't keep messing about - I just need a solution that doesn't involve me taking time off work for nothing. If I wasn't in when the engineer visited then you would have charged me - I'm not sure why it's fine the other way around.

I appreciate it isn't personally your fault

Community Team

Hi dub_dee,

I'll try to get some clarification from our network team and let you know when I have an update, apologies again for any inconvenience

Chris

dub_dee
Participant

Hi Chris,

Engineer just turned up now. So I'll let you know how he gets on. My fiancé will have to stay in.

No idea what's going on - why the guy on the phone said it was cancelled or why this guy didn't turn up on time. At least he's there now.

D

Community Team

Sorry for the confusion and any inconvenience, please let us know how you get on

Chris

dub_dee
Participant

Hi Chris,

Just to confirm that the engineer sorted the line for me. Something wrong at the cabinet.

Thanks for your help

Community Team

Hi dub_dee

Thanks for keeping us updated. Please let us know if you do experience any further issues.

Debbie