Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Download Speed has dropped

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Whizz Kid

My download speed on my router was always around 60Mbps. However in the last few days it has dropped to 49Mbps. I have ran the tests within My Account and it says that I am not getting the speed I should be getting. Can you help?

Thanks

Simon

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi, 

Sorry for the delayed reply, we're doing our best in these unprecedented circumstances due to the Corona virus to answer everyone as quickly as possible.

We can see the line is currently in sync at 47Mb and the estimated speed for your line is between 42Mb-67Mb. 

As your sync speed falls within these parameters, we can see no issues. 

Regards

Steve
Highlighted
Whizz Kid

Thanks Steve for your reply.

I had been consistently getting around 60Mb previously, so I would like to know why it has dropped as it is quite significant??

Thanks again,

Simon

Highlighted

Hi Simon

Apologies for this.

DLM can change the profile to get the best balance between speed and stability.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults and your line is in sync at 46.9mb.

Some interference has been detected  on the line (daily) Is the router located near to any electrical devices or cordless phones? Is the router currently connected at the test socket?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Whizz Kid

Hi Debbie,

Thanks for your reply.

The router has not been moved and has been in the same position since I received it.

I had 59-60Mb download speed consistently for quite a while but then I had the drop off to around 49Mb or lower. The router is currently connected to the test socket.

Simon

Highlighted

Hi Simon

Thanks for your reply.

Have you recently moved the router to the test socket or is it always connected there?

It may be worth us sending a replacement router for testing as the line tests are not detecting any faults. Please let me know if you would like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Whizz Kid

Hi Debbie.

It has been connected to the test socket for quite a while, not sure exactly how long.

Yeah might be worth trying out a new router to see if it helps. I currently have the TalkTalk Wifi Hub router.

Thanks

Simon

Highlighted

Hi Simon

Thanks for your reply.

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Whizz Kid

Thanks Debbie that's great. 😁

Highlighted

Hi Simon

No problem, please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie 🙂

Highlighted
Whizz Kid

Hi Debbie,

New WiFi hub has arrived and is up and running, WiFi working well as expected.

Still only getting the 49Mb download speed at router.

Can you also check if I am still receiving the Fibre Speed Boost?

With thanks in advance,

Simon

Highlighted

Hi Simon

Thanks for your reply.

The speed boost will be active if you are receiving 49mb when running the speed tests. You would only receive 40mb (maximum) without the speed boost.

I've checked the connection stats and your line is currently in sync at 46.9mb, is the replacement router at the test socket? (I know your previous router was)

Can I just check if your landline service is working ok at the moment when making calls?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Whizz Kid

Hi Debbie.

Yes the router is connected via the test socket.

The landline is working ok and has no issues.

Thanks

Simon

Highlighted
Whizz Kid

Hi Debbie.

I also have noticed that the router software needs updating, can you do this?

Thanks

Simon

Highlighted

Hi Simon,

I've initiated the firmware update as requested, it should complete with a few minutes 

Chris