cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Download and Upload Speed dropped to almost nothing-Faster Fibre package w/Fibre Speed Boost Add On

15 REPLIES 15
Claude Henry
Repeat Guest

Hi,

Over the last few weeks my download speed has been dropping.  My download speed with the Speed Boost should be between 60-80mbps and upload speed should be 20mbps.

The attached screengrabs show my wifi download speed ranges from 2.79-33mbps & upload speed hovering around 10mbps and ethernet connected speed at 8.91mbps download and 9.77 download.

The router is new and was installed late last year.  I've restarted it multiple times but that has solved nothing.

I can't go through dealing with the live chat option again.

Could you please help.

Thanks in advanceWIFI Speeds.PNGWifi Speed Over TimeEthernet Speed.JPGEthernet Speed This Afternoon

Community Team

Hi Claude Henry

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

Debbie

Claude Henry
Repeat Guest

Morning Debbie,

Profile has now been updated.

many thanks!

Community Team

Hi Claude Henry

Thanks for updating your Community Profile.

I've completed a line test which has detected a possible fault with the landline service. Is your landline service working ok when making calls? (any noise)

Thanks

Debbie

Claude Henry
Repeat Guest

Hi Debbie,

Apologies, I've had my landline disconnected from the master socket for a while now ( I never use the landline and was getting a lot of nuisance calls so I disconnected the phone completely)

I've reconnected the landline to the master socket but am receiving no dial tone or any noise at all to indicate that the line is live.

many thanks!

Community Team

Hi Claude Henry

Thanks for your reply. We will need to raise this over to Openreach as this fault can affect the BB connection and has to be investigated first.

Did you test the phone at the test socket, with the router removed from the line?

Thanks

Debbie

Claude Henry
Repeat Guest

Hi Debbie,

I haven't tried that, no. Just to clarify, are you asking me to turn off the router, remove the router connection from the master socket and then try the landline phone connection?

Many thanks,

Community Team

Hi Claude Henry

Yes please, if the no dialtone fault is still present then we can raise this straight over to Openreach.

Thanks

Debbie

Claude Henry
Repeat Guest

Hi Debbie,

I just tried that and the phone line is still dead.

Would you mind laying out the next steps in the Fault Resolution Process for me, e.g. Will you contact OpenReach and OpenReach will then contact me, etc...

Many thanks

Community Team

Hi Claude Henry

Thanks for testing this.

I will raise this fault over to a Openreach line engineer who will investigate the fault outside the property. If they are able to locate and fix the fault on the line outside or at the cabinet then they will. If the engineer needs to access the property then they will often call you to let you know.

If no one is home and access is needed then we will arrange an engineer visit with you.

Are you happy for me to pass this fault straight over to Openreach now?

Thanks

Debbie

Claude Henry
Repeat Guest

Hi Debbie,

Thank you, please do pass this to Openreach for me.

Many thanks for all of your help so far!  

If the Openreach engineers are able to locate and fix the fault outside, or at the cabinet, will you yourself contact me here to let me know that this has been done, or will I be contacted by Openreach themselves?

Also, do you have a rough estimate on how long this takes?

Many thanks again!

Community Team

Hi Claude Henry

The fault has now been passed to Openreach to be investigated by a line engineer who should contact you.

We should receive further updates within the next 48hrs.

Thanks

Debbie

Claude Henry
Repeat Guest

Thank you so much for your help, Debbie!

Have a great day!

Claude Henry
Repeat Guest

Hi there, 

I just wanted to say thanks again for all of your help.

The Engineers came and diagnosed faulty wiring in the junction box in the street.

Speeds are back up to what they should be and everything is running fine!

Community Team