Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Dropping broadband connection

17 REPLIES 17
Mister Blobby
Team Player

My broadband has been dropping several times an hour now for the last 3 days.  I have had 2 attempts at resolution - the 1st advised that they could not help me as i was using a third party router!  

Im using a Netgear DM200 (in modem mode) and a Netgear Orbi which have worked flawlessly for 12 months.  Since the issues I have factory rest both (several times) to no avail.

The 2nd attempt followed a service status check done via my account page which advised issues were detected and to contact the live support, I did this and was told i needed to be home (Im at work at the moment) as they needed to know the model of the router.  I gave them this and was advised that i still needed to be home - I asked them to perform a line check which they did and it showed everything was ok!!!!!!

Looking at https://downdetector.co.uk/problems/talktalk this seems to be a wide spread issue.

So far I have recycled and factory reset my router.

Info before you ask:

- yes its connected to the master socket

- no line noise

- I have replaced all cables to rule out a cabling issue

Whats going on talktalk?

Community Team

Hi Mister Blobby,

I'm sorry to hear this and I'll take a look now. I've run a test on the line which has detected a potential fault towards the property.

Just to confirm, does your master socket have a test socket? Do you have an alternative router that you can test with to rule this out?

Thanks

Mister Blobby
Team Player

hi - i would have to check out the socket to confirm, but i think there is a test socket under the plate.  Ref another router I might have an old one somewhere - again I will have to check when i get home.

What was the fault you detected?

thanks

Community Team

Hi Mister Blobby,

Thanks. If the master socket does have a test socket then would it be possible to connect the router at the test socket and we can run the line test again? If you don't have an alternative router then please let us know and we can arrange to send a replacement router for testing purposes.

Thanks

Highlighted
Mister Blobby
Team Player

ok i will connect via the test socket when i get home from work and let you know once this is done.

please send the test router if you think this will help.

again - what was the fault your test identified?

thanks,

Community Team

Hi

The test was picking up an issue on the copper line, but as the results of this can be inconclusive it is always best to test an alternative router to rule this out.

One is on the way.

Thanks

Karl. 

Mister Blobby
Team Player

ok thanks

Community Team
Mister Blobby
Team Player

Ok so after installing the super router and doing further tests I managed to get an engineer out yesterday.

He said there had been an issue since jan 14 and showed me graphs etc, said was an issue in the box and he had fixed it.  True to his word it was fixed and yesterday I had full uninterrupted 73mb down again.

However it’s now down again and worst of all it’s 100% down, no internet at all.  I rang in and the 1st 2 tech support guys dropped my call!!!!  The poor customer service operator I had after that arranged for a manager in tech support would call me after 3pm today.  This didn’t happen, so I rang again to be told that no one will help me or talk to me for 72hrs.  This is now beyond a joke, I need home internet for work.  

Can an someone at TalkTsl please take ownership of my issue and get my broadband back up and running!

Mister Blobby
Team Player

Hi, please can you give me an update on what’s being done to fix my issue please???

Mister Blobby
Team Player

Bump in the hope that I might get some help 😥

Community Team

Hi Mister Blobby

I'm really sorry for the delay.

Have you spoken to our Faults Team in regards to arranging an engineer visit?

Thanks

Debbie

Mister Blobby
Team Player

Yes, tried several times and eventually got someone who would arrange another engineer.  They are due here before 1pm, but I’ve had no email confirmation or call to advise they are coming so I’m concerned they might not turn up...

Community Team

Hi Mister Blobby

I will check on this visit now and I will post back on this thread shortly.

Thanks

Debbie

Mister Blobby
Team Player

Thanks 

Community Team

Hi Mister Blobby

Our Network Team have advised that no engineer visit has been arranged, apologies for this.

BT Openreach closed this fault on 26/01.

The connection stats also show that the connection has remained stable since 27/01/2019. DLM has been making changes to the line profile to help stabilise the connection.

Thanks

Debbie

Mister Blobby
Team Player

I spent 30 minutes on the phone yesterday with someone in technical support.  After all their tests they advised an engineer was needed and we arranged for the visit this morning.  I have taken time off work for this visit and now it’s not happening.  I’m not at all surprised, this is online with the rest of the support I’ve received so far.

As for stable, it’s not.  I had no connection at all Sunday, yesterday it was up and down all day and speed wise I’ve just done a wired speed check and it’s still way off.  The  ping of 23 is way off also as normally I’m at 9.

Can a manager call me ASAP to explain:

1 what the problem is

2 what’s being done to fix it

3 why no engineer was booked.  Listen to my call yesterday afternoon when it was booked.  And tell me how your going to compensate me for they days holiday I have wasted!!!   

Community Team

Hi Mister Blobby

Apologies for this. I can only advise on what our Network Team have told me.

I can raise this as a Complaint and a Complaints Manager would then contact you to discuss this further. Would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie