Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Dropping connection after three engineer visits

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi alexpacini,

I'm sorry for the delay. Our Network Team have advised that we will need to arrange an engineer visit so I'm just sending you a Personal Message to confirm some details.

Please do not post any personal information on the Community, reply via Personal Message (PM) only.

Thanks

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Hi,

I hope this will fix the issue, as it will be the 4th (or 7th if I consider the missed appointments) engineering visit and every time I need to take half a day off from work.

One question: is it possible to book the first engineer I had on the 16th of March?

He did some additional measurements (with Oscillator 87J) and spotted the possible problem, but decided to wait and try something else as it would have required digging outside the property. Maybe he knows how to fix it.

Basically as soon as possible, better PM.

Alex
Highlighted

Hi Alex,

Our network team have confirmed that they've booked the engineer visit for 02/05/2019 PM (13:00-18:00) - please let us know how you get on 

Thanks

Chris

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Ok, thanks.

Alex
Highlighted

No problem, please let us know how you get on 

Thanks

Chris

Highlighted
Conversation Starter
The engineer did come this morning and did not find any fault on the line. He said he will see what he can do raising the issue internally.
Maybe I am on an Ali wire section (aluminum)...

In the meantime, the connection is not usable anyway.
Alex
Highlighted

Hi Alex

Thanks for keeping us updated. Did the engineer advise if they were going to contact you again and provide an update?

Debbie

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

I am not sure, sorry. However I think it will be communicated to the provider (TT) rather than to me.

Please keep me updated, as if it cannot be fixed it is wiser for me to start thinking to possible alternative solutions, as I am paying something I cannot, de facto, use.

It usually drops everyday between 8 and 9 pm, maybe a sign of congestion in the network or crosstalk. There are other drops though.

Alex
Highlighted

Hi Alex

I have asked our Network Team to check for an update and also the engineers notes. I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted

Hi Alex

The engineers notes advise that they were unable to identify the cause of the fault following their investigations.

We may need to send another engineer to check if there is a REIN issue or anything that’s causing the re connections.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Conversation Starter
Hi,
when is this expected?
Alex
Highlighted

Hi Alex

Has the connection dropped a lot since the last engineer visit? Please can you provide further availability AM and PM?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Conversation Starter
Yes, yesterday evening it dropped continuously.
I am available tomorrow but I don't know during the week as it is complicated to ask for additional days off (especially when it is the 8th time).
Alex
Highlighted

Hi Alex

I have asked our Network Team to check if there are any visits available for tomorrow. I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie 

Highlighted

Hi Alex

Our Network Team have asked if the router is currently connected at the test socket? They have also asked if you can connect a device wired and confirm if you are still experiencing the same issue?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Conversation Starter
Yes, I did it at least 10 times. It is the broadband that disconnects and not the wifi, therefore it is the same if wired.
Alex
Highlighted

Hi Alex

Our Network Team have arranged the first available visit which is 07/05 AM. Will this be ok? There were no appointments available for tomorrow sorry.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Sorry, it is not ok as I cannot take other days off from work.
I already had 7 scheduled engineering appointments (with three missed appointments). Every time they tell me that there is no obvious issue. Is this time different?

I am available only before 9 am, between 12:30 and 13:30, after 5pm or on Saturdays.
As an alternative I can take maximum of a hour off if they contact me on my mobile phone and I can be at home in ten minutes.
I will NOT accept any charge if they don't find me at home without calling me on my mobile phone.

Alex
Highlighted

Hi Alex

Apologies for this.

I've requested that this visit is cancelled and I have asked if there are any Saturday appointments available.

Thanks

Highlighted

Hi Alex

Our Network Team have cancelled this visit. Unfortunately there are no Saturday visits showing at the moment. They have asked me to check this again next week to see if any weekend visits do become available.

Thanks

Debbie