cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Dropping connection after three engineer visits

Highlighted
Conversation Starter
Is the planned visit different from the previous ones? Is it the REIN or something else?
Because it it is the same I expect the same answer as the previous engineers.
Alex
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Alex

This would be a BT Openreach engineer visit but our Network Team would ask them to also check if this is a REIN issue.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Conversation Starter
Is there any news?
Alex
Highlighted

Hi Alex

I've asked our Network Team to check if there are any Saturday appointments available. I will post back shortly.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted

Hi Alex

There are still no appointments showing for Saturday, apologies for this.

I have been advised to check this again on Thursday.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Conversation Starter
Bump for Saturday
Alex
Highlighted

Hi Alex

I've asked our Network Team to check for a Saturday appointment and I will post back as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted

Hi Alex

Unfortunately there are still no Saturday appointments showing available. We will be unable to progress this fault without arranging an engineer visit.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Conversation Starter
Ok, give me the first slot available. I will ask for a day off. I hope this will fix the issue though.
If the engineer will say again that the line is ok I will ask to terminate the contract and to compensate these last [more than] two months.
Alex
Highlighted

Hi Alex

I will ask our Network Team to arrange this now and I will post back to confirm the date and time of this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted

Hi Alex

The engineer visit has been arranged for 13/05 AM (8am - 1pm)

Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Conversation Starter
Hi,
ok, thanks.
Alex
Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hi am having the same problem had a engineer out on Saturday still didn't work got in contact on Saturday got a manager had he said it's my line that's causing the unstable of my internet he told me they will be out Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday still haven't been ill given them until tomorrow then am swapping broadband providers it's been two weeks with no broadband 

Highlighted

Hi @Ian graham

Please can you create a new thread, we can then look into this further.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted

Hi Alex

How are you getting on following the engineer visit?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Conversation Starter
I will check this evening, I hope it will be stable.
Alex
Highlighted

Hi Alex

Thanks, please let us know how you get on.

Debbie

Highlighted
Conversation Starter
It seems that it hasn't dropped yet. Let's wait for a couple of days and cross the fingers.
Alex
Highlighted

Hi Alex

Thanks for keeping us updated. Please let us know if you do experience any further issues.

Debbie

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Let's assume the problem has been fixed, which I really hope it is, I think we should discuss a compensation, because the internet has been unreliable for a very long time, more than two months.
- I first opened the issue on Sat, 2 Mar 2019 14:28:09 GMT using the online chat, even if I had the issue since a couple of weeks;
- I had multiple engineer visits, the problem was marked as fixed, but clearly it wasn't;
- I had 3 missed engineer visits in April, as your system wasn't syncing with the OpenReach system and the visit was not booked at all, and I stayed at home for nothing;
- I had in total 8 booked engineer (effectively 5) and therefore I lost quite a few days of work (where I had to take a day off);
- Hopefully the line is fixed now, but this is after 73 days from opening the issue for an unstable connection.

Thank you

Alex