Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Dropping connection after three engineer visits

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Alex,

I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused by this issue. If you'd like to discuss compensation can you please contact our customer services team. Please also see our Customer Complaint Code

Chris

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Tonight I had a quick drop, maybe a couple of seconds, but which increased sensibly the SNR for the upload (from 7 to 14dB), decreasing the sync speed to 8.5Mbs.

Screenshot_20190515_085258.png

Is the line stabilising or the same problem as before?

Is it possible to have a DLM reset?

Thank you

Alex
Highlighted

Hi alexpacini,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've re-run the line test which is clear and the sync speed also looks ok. Just to confirm, are you running this speed test wired or wireless?

Thanks

Highlighted
Conversation Starter
The line looks alright and the issue is the sync speed. Well, it is not a huge issue right now, maybe it will stabilise automatically in a couple of days. I just wondered it the DLM could be reset manually by you.
Alex
Highlighted

Hi Alex,

I'm sorry, we can't reset DLM or change your profile manually 

Chris

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

The Upload speed decreased a bit more the last night, 40/7.2 now.
I tried leaving the router off for half hour but nothing changed.
I think the line is fine now, I wonder why the upload speed is reduced. Probably the DLM is doing funny things... 17dB of noise margin?

Screenshot_20190516_082211.png

Alex
Highlighted

Hi Alex,

Yes your upstream speed has reduced due to profile change

Chris

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

The line is fine, but the upload is slowly dying, day by day.

Screenshot_20190522_173822.png 

Alex
Highlighted

Hi alexpacini,

I'm sorry for the delay. Could I just confirm, are you experiencing any issues with the overall performance of the connection at the moment?

Thanks

Highlighted
Conversation Starter
The upload is slow at this moment. The download is ok.
Alex
Highlighted

Hi alexpacini,

Ok, the line test is detecting a potential voice fault. Could you confirm if the voice service is experiencing any issues such as no dial tone or any noise and I can ask our Network Team to take a look.

Thanks

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Hi,

unfortunately I don't have any phone to try.

Alex
Highlighted

Hi alexpacini,

Would it be possible to borrow a phone for testing purposes as a voice fault can affect the broadband connection and would need to be investigated first? If this is not possible then we can pass this over to our Network Team.

Thanks

Highlighted
Conversation Starter
Sorry, I don't have ways to borrow that. How could the voice line affect the broadband?
Alex
Highlighted

Hi alexpacini

If your phone line has a fault, this can cause problems with your broadband speed/connection. You'll know this is the case if you're having problems with your phone- like noise on the line or no dial tone.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Conversation Starter
Unfortunately I have no means to test with a landline phone.
Alex
Highlighted

Hi alexpacini

It may be worth arranging a TalkTalk engineer visit so they can complete this testing for you. 

During a home visit the engineer will perform diagnostic checks and resolve faults within your home. It will appear on your bill as TalkTalk Engineer - Service Fault. All home visits are chargeable at £40.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Sorry, I will not pay any chargeable engineer, as I don't think the issue is my fault.

Alex
Highlighted

Hi alexpacini

If you have tested with a different router at the test socket and the connection is still dropping then we can raise this fault to our Network Team for investigation.

Just to advise, if an engineer attends and the fault is found to be with the landline then a BB engineer may not be able to resolve this and this would require a different engineer visit.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Conversation Starter
The connection is not dropping, but the upload is getting slower. Maybe I will wait a couple of weeks to see if the line stabilises by itself.
Alex