Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

“DynDNS” Advanced Menu option Disappeared

5 REPLIES 5
CarolDavis
First Timer

We have a new TalkTalk Wifi Hub (Fast5364) which connects very reliably at 80/20Mbps as we are very close to our street cabinet.

Before connecting it to the telephone line for the very first time I went to the "Advanced Settings" menu option “DynDNS” and set up our dynamic DNS server so we can have reliable remote access without a static IP, however after the first time the WiFi Hub (router) successfully connected to the internet the menu option “DynDNS” disappeared from the "Advanced Setting" menu.

Please explain how we can access the advanced menu option “DynDNS” again.
Thank you.

KeithFrench
Community Star

There is a bug that some phones (happens on my Android) cannot display all of the pages correctly. There is new firmware under test that I hope will fix it. It will not be released though until all TalkTalk's testing is complete.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

CarolDavis
First Timer

Keith
Thanks for checking the DynDNS option on your Android.

I’ve tried the following browsers and unfortunately the DynDNS options does appear with any of them.

Firefox (PC)
Chrome (PC)
Samsung Internet
Safari (iPhone)

I assume the option disappeared after first connecting because the router automatically updated itself.

Please can a TalkTalk representative confirm if TalkTalk Wifi Hubs automatically update themselves and secondly have TalkTalk removed or move DynDNS support on my firmware version SG4K10001400t.

Thank you in anticipation

KeithFrench
Community Star

Although it is definitely still there in all versions of firmware including yours, yours is out of date. Before it gets updated, pleas can you do a factory default of the hub. If it doesn't update within the hour to Firmware 2600, let me know & I will ask TT to do it for you.

To answer your other point, the firmware should automatically update.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.

CarolDavis
First Timer

Keith

Thanks for suggesting a factory reset as that did update my firmware to SG4K10002600t & also proved its not a browser issue.

After the factory reset the DynDNS option reappeared so I setup my DynDNS which actually worked successfully.

Unfortunately after another reboot the DynDNS option disappeared again so I’m going to stop wasting time and use my own router.

Thanks again for your help.

KeithFrench
Community Star

Your hub must be faulty, I can ask TalkTalk to replace it for you if you want?

Keith