Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Engineer appointment cancelled

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
First Timer

I havent had functioning internet for over 3 months now. The signal drops to the point where it is unusable on any device at least every 2 hours. After multiple phone calls and being told to just reboot router each time (which fixed the problem for a few hours) talktalk finally booked me an engineers appointment. They were due to come on the tuesday however the covid-19 lockdown announcement came on the monday night and the engineer text me to cancel stating i needed to contact talktalk to rearrange. This is now impossible as the phone line cuts you off and the message i get is that my booked in engineers appointment (from 3 weeks ago) will go ahead (which makes no sense).

This was annoying enough when i couldn't watch netflix etc but I am now required to work from home and im unable to do my job. I am a psychologist trying to conduct therapy with people who are very unwell over skype (which is already a challenge) and every session the signal is dropping and cutting us off making the work impossible. I need an engineer to come out and sort this but cant contact ANYONE! TalkTalk are happy to continue to take my money every month but are not providing me the service i am paying for. I need this sorting!

Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Laurag15,

Sorry for the delayed reply, we're doing our best in these unprecedented circumstances due to the Corona virus to answer everyone as quickly as possible.

I've run a few different tests on the line which haven't detected a fault, however I can see re-connections on the line. Does your master socket have a test socket? Have you ever tested with a different router?

Thanks

Highlighted
First Timer

My engineer never turned up but I expect they will think I'll be paying for a service i cannot use also they closed there line so you cant contact them.

N Williams.