Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Engineer appointment

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Team Player

Could an OCE shed any light on the fact that an engineer was scheduled to come round between 1-6pm tonight and we haven't heard anything? What on earth is happening? Upgraded to fibre with boost with a go-live date of 14th Feb. Had an email on 14th feb stating Talktalk have experienced a "slight delay" but will let me know if they are unable to achieve the go-live date. No further email/text from them postponing the date. Went on the online chat option, 2 hours of long waits between chats, waited 20 mins while they looked into it. Eventually told an engineer would have to come round as they were unable to get a dial tone (!) Not once have they contacted me with any sort of explanation, leaving it to me to do the chasing. My son took the day off to be here for the engineer. Really not happy. This is no way to run a business, leaving your customers hanging. Talktalk need to at least post latest updates on my account or email me  if they can't achieve the delivery date or engineer has cancelled. So cross.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi trickywitch 

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I've contacted our Network Team in regards to this and I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted

Hi trickywitch 

Our Network Team can't see any engineer visits booked. Was this visit for a line activation or a fault?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

This happened to me last year. Engineer failed to turn up, so I sent an invoice to head office for payment regarding their missed appointment. I heard nothing.

Good for them to charge YOU but not the other way round!

Highlighted
Team Player

I was told in online chat that there is a fault and an engineer will call round. We arranged a time between 1-6pm. I was also told that they can't activate broadband until the engineer has called. I havent received any emails or texts saying they can't achieve the "go live with fibre" date of 14th feb or giving a new date. we are still experiencing slow broadband speeds and it looks as if we're still on broadband not fibre. The lack of clear advice is astonishing. Online chats seem to give different information. I just want information on what's gone wrong, how and when it's going to be fixed and a new live date. 

Ive got a lot of time for the OCEs on here but your online chat, email/text information and updated info on my "My Order" in my online account needs a real overhaul.

Some form of credit for the delay and to reimburse my son for his lost wages when he stayed in for the non-existent engineer would be gratefully received!

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Surely if you or your Son are out of pocket due to lost wages etc and it's not your fault then you should be reimbursed! Trying to get Talk Talk to see that point is another matter! They are quick to take YOUR money if you are in the wrong but it is disgraceful for them to just 'let it go' or ignore you! If an engineer fails to turn up, you are out of pocket and Talk Talk SHOULD without a doubt reimburse you.

Yup! Kudos to the team here. No didrespect to them, but there needs to be a very serious shake up regarding a very serious matter!

Highlighted

Hi trickywitch 

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can look into this further.

Thanks

Debbie