cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Engineer couldn’t connect modem

5 REPLIES 5
Popular Poster

Just had an engineer try to set up connection for broadband this morning. Couldn’t find a connection for the router as couldn’t come inside, could find one from the main supply. We live in a small block of flats.

Said we needed to contact an electrician, landlady is telling us to contact a bit engineer. Neither is realistic in current times.TalkTalk isn’t open so no one to contact. How can I get a report from the engineer explaining what is necessary when there is no obvious way to contact TalkTalk. 

Is is it an issue that we don’t have a physical phone to check phone line?

TalkTalk Content Team - TT Staff

Hi @Merediththorpe 

I've escalated this to the team to take a look for you.

In the meantime, please can you add your home phone number to your Community Profile so we can locate your details. 

If unsure of your number, simply dial 17070 from your land line phone and this will confirm the number for you.

Thanks

Popular Poster

I’ve just spoke to the engineer again. He is telling me it is an internal connection issue. That I need to contact an electrician to get them to come an open up every socket to find which one is connected to the main supply. And that he has done his job essentially and my internet connection is working. 

Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Meredith,

I'm sorry for the delay. I've just posted on your other thread so I'll close this thread to avoid confusion.

Thanks

First Timer
Have the same problem just being ignored all the time
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Ali Ender,

Apologies, I can see that we've now posted on your thread.

Thanks