Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Engineer said we need new router sending ASAP

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi,

A fibre engineer visited us today to activate our upgrade to faster fibre, and I understand they have completed the required work, but we have not yet received the new router you previously told us would be sent.

The engineer has advised you should have sent this by now, and that we should contact you to get it sent urgently for next day delivery, as without it we may lose our service because our current router is an old model.

Please can you confirm the new router will arrive with us tomorrow?

Highlighted
Philosopher

@blackrabbit 

What model router do you currently have ?

Is the new fibre service working now ?

Martin
Highlighted
Popular Poster

@martswain 

It is a TalkTalk Huawei HG636.

I think the new fibre service is currently working, as I'm able to get online and have just performed a speed test which is indicating a 37.6 Mbps average download speed.

The engineer had told us we would lose our service until we get the new router, so I'm relieved to see this is not the case - but when I placed the order for Faster Fibre, I was told a new router would be provided, so I am still expecting one to be sent.

Highlighted
Philosopher

@blackrabbit 

It's either a 635 or 633 !

Neither is the latest model, however both of those models are compatible with the older ADSL broadband and TalkTalk's version of fibre.

37.6 Mbps is a reasonable speed and you should be able to stream HD if you wish.

How does that compare with the minimum guaranteed speed TT gave you when you ordered fibre ?

You may yet receive a new HUB (as they are calling their latest models).

I changed from a HG633 to a Huawei HUB and the only difference I have noticed is a marginal improvement in WiFi signal within my home.

Martin
Highlighted
Popular Poster

@martswain 

Thanks Martin - and yes, sorry, I've rechecked and it's a HG633.

I don't recall exactly what speed was promised when I placed the order, but I think 37.6 is at least roughly comparable - and it's certainly a significant improvement from what I was previously on, so I'm satisfied in that regard.

Still hoping I will receive a new hub, as the order confirmation page clearly stated I would - and we utilise wi-fi at lot at home, so every little improvement helps! 😄

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Still haven't received a new router / HUB.

TalkTalk, the order confirmation page for faster fibre stated that a router would be sent to me.

The fibre engineer also advised that one should have been sent to me prior to her arrival, and that since you failed to do so, you should be contacted and asked to send one for next day delivery.

Because your support phone line has been temporarily closed, I am having to use this forum as my only available means of contacting you. Not only have you not sent out the new router as you were supposed to, you haven't even bothered to acknowledge the complaint.

I will continue awaiting a response, an apology, and the promised router.

Highlighted
Popular Poster

12 days now since the fibre service went live, and I'm STILL waiting on the new hub which was promised, and which the engineer said should have been sent by TalkTalk before the go live date.

My partner is also reporting poor wi-fi speed, I can't get through on your phone line, and posts on this forum are apparently ignored - so both the quality of service and the quality of support from TalkTalk are overwhelmingly disappointing.