cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Want to know how to get the most out of our community?

Hey, I'm Michelle and I wanted to tell you about our community and how it's packed full of useful information, answers and has a horde of active members waiting to help or just to say hey! We know forums can be a little daunting at times, so here are some of my useful tips to help you get the most out of the community:

Get Searching

Search is the quickest way to locate the information you're after, use the big red box above. If you don't find what you're after you can always post your own question.

Search now

Get stuck in

Prefer to jump straight into the community? Checkout the yellow "browse" tab over on the left hand side, here you'll find the entire community at your fingertips.

Try now

Join the party!

Had a peek around the community already? If so you'll no doubt want to join us, just hit register below and follow the instructions. Don't worry I'll still be here to help once you've registered.

Register now

Error reference: Intermittent Sync

13 REPLIES
Highlighted
Funky Ferret
Popular Poster

My internet connection has always dropped occassionally but this last few weeks it's got to the stage it's unusable and frustrating beyond belief

The internet light is red more often than a set of traffic lights. 10 times it happened last night just during a 1/2 hour program. I've resorted to putting on a DVD. This is pretty much constant now and you just can't do anything for a prolonged period of time (more than a few minutes) 

If I am using my PC I'll get the "Error reference: Intermittent Sync" splash screen.

I've tried changing the filter and the line isn't noisey. I have restarted the router many MANY times.

Advice appreciated! Thanks

Community Team

Hi Funky Ferret

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which has detected a possible voice fault. Have you tried making a couple of test calls from your landline just to see if there are any issues?

Have you tested with a different router at the test socket?

Thanks

Debbie

Funky Ferret
Popular Poster

There doesn't appear to be any noise on the line. I will try another call tonight - However, had phone calls with no issue. Either way, that fault needs attending to.

Unfortunately I don't have another router to test.

Bizzarely after posting yesterday it was the best it's been in ages and I actually got through a couple of on-deman programs with no issues but then it went bad again.

Thanks

Jason

Community Team

Hi Jason

Thanks for your reply.

I can send a replacement router for testing to rule out any possible faults with your router. Would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

Funky Ferret
Popular Poster

It would be appreciated as we are desperate to resolve this. The wife can't spend 6 hours a night on Facebook and it's causing issues ;-)

Community Team

Hi Jason

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie :-)

Funky Ferret
Popular Poster

That's great - will do.

Thanks

Jason

Community Team

Hi Funky Ferret,

Great thanks :)

Thanks

Funky Ferret
Popular Poster

OK, we had great success at first - no problems for about 3 days. Then more disconnections / red light.  It is getting more frequent and a real pain TBH.

Please can you look into this again as you can't enjoy movie etc with this keep happening?

Community Team

Hi Funky Ferret

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Can I just check which router you are using? (make and model)

Thanks

Debbie

Funky Ferret
Popular Poster

It's the one you just sent me. The D-Link  DSL-3782

Community Team

Hi Funky Ferret

Was your previous router also a DSL3782? I think we should send a HG633 router for testing.

Thanks

Debbie

Funky Ferret
Popular Poster

Sorry, I didn't make a note of the model number but visually it was different. I sent it back to you in the prepaid envelope after two faultless days with the new one (only to find the problems reappear).

Are you sure this is router related? However, I'm happy to go with anything if it might lead me to a usable service. It's just an evening of frustration every single day not to mention the daytime problems my 2-year old has trying to watch her things.

Community Team

Hi Funky Ferret

Apologies that this fault is still ongoing.

The line tests are not detecting any faults. The HG633 router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

If the dropping connection fault is still present then we can raise this over to our Network Team for investigation.

Thanks

Debbie