Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Ethernet issues and general connection dropping

6 REPLIES 6
Ll1uk
First Timer

So since the pandemic began I have been working from home where my connection to the Internet is of paramount importance. However, I have experienced complete loss of Internet connection on an almost every other day basis, whenever the Internet is down I try and access the service centre and I am always provided with the "due to technical issues we are unable to log you in" message so the service seems redundant as it can't be used when you actually need it - when the Internet is down, seems ludicrous. In addition the router requires daily hard restarts in order for the ethernet ports to work as they will just randomly stop working, I have tried factory resetting the router several times which seems to fix it for the day before they drop off again. The WiFi however continues working as normal. I have tested all of the ports with several different devices to ensure it isn't just one device or a dodgy port but they are all down until the router is fully restarted. Any help would be great! 

Luke
Skynet_TX
Community Star

Hi @Ll1uk,

The staff here on the community will be able to help. If they think a replacement router might be required then they would be able to arrange that for you, they will hopefully be able to respond to this post within a working day or two.

OCE_Karl
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Ll1uk

I'll get a replacement router out to you and see if this helps.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Ll1uk
First Timer

No problem! Will give it a try and let you know how I get on, thanks! 

Luke
OCE_Ady

Hi Ll1uk, have you received the new router and how did you get on? 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Ll1uk
First Timer

Hi, didn't want to reply straight away in order to test it out, have been using the new router for around a month now and has made a big difference my ethernet no longer cuts out and I've noticed significantly less drops on performance so seems like issue is solved! Thanks again for the help! 

Luke
OCE_Debbie

Hi Ll1uk

That's great news, thanks for letting us know 🙂

Debbie