Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Exclamation mark on all wifi devices and loss of internet on wired connections

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hi,

At least 3 - 4 times a day my router drops it's connection, amber/white flash. It usually recovers within 5 minutes. Is this a sign my router is failing? Obviously I cannot afford to buy a new router just  to troubleshoot this issue. 

Thanks in advance. 

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @Wombatfrog ,

Could be a fault with your line rather than the router.

It would be worth going to the Service Centre to do a test on your phone line, this will indicate if there is currently a fault on your line. You can also access this from the ‘My Account’ site.

Also, if you have a landline phone can you check to see if that is working normally (i.e. you have a clear dial tone and no noise on the line).

If your master phone socket has a test socket then you could also try the router in there, that would then eliminate any of the phone wiring in your home as being a possible cause of the problem.

The TalkTalk staff on this community will also be able to help, they will hopefully be able to respond to this post within a day or two and will be able to check your connection and router for issues.

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hi, thanks for your help. I have ran a test multiple times, however I cannot run a test when my internet goes down, even using my phones mobile data. I do not currently have a phone handset, so cannot check for noise. When my internet is working, the service test is perfect. 

My master socket does not have a test socket, I'm afraid so I cannot test this either. 

Its dropped 2 times in the past 15 ish minutes ( 19:50 - 20:06). But comes back within 1 - 5 minutes, without resetting or restarting the router.

Thanks again for the advice tho.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Wombatfrog,

I'm sorry for the delay. I can see that this has been passed to Openreach, please let us know how you get on.

Thanks