Did you mean: 
Need help?

Extreme Latency - Dropping Packets

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
First Timer

Hello,

Firstly, help needed!

I work in the IT industry and feel like I am going around in circles, being passed between teams. Now being handled by the 'fault manager', which eludes to being someone of seniority. Only to find out there are hundred of fault manages which implies it is just a title to eludes to this fact.  

Since moving property and transferring the router we had at our old property, the connection since going live has been completely unusable. We're now heavily relying on a personal hotspot (supplied by Three), which I will add hasn't dropped once (4G) since using it for all devices and laptops/PCs. We went live and connection was poor, gave it the benefit of the doubt, next day still unusable & now day 7 days later... the connection is still unusable. I have spoken to the technical team (apparently), who have done line tests... which of course... came back clear. I have sent over all the evidence to show packet loss and they then want to send me out a new router and wait a further 6 days. I wasn't going to wait, so I bought a TP link router, which is far more premium than any ISP router - configured it and connected, check DSL and was connected. Still the connection was unable. I have set via dynamic IP so it had the talk talk DNS settings, this didnt work. I then set it up manually setting everything, to googles (8888, 8844) DNS settings - still didn't work. 

I advised talktalk of this and I asked for the case to be escalated when I was told to still wait for a new router, which is clearly not the problem. I asked them to check the DLM settings and reset it, however was advised if I wanted this I would have to pay for an openreach engineer to do it (disgusting!). We're boardline now about to leave TalkTalk and go to a provide which cares and listens to you. 

I keep asking for a DLM reset, or a line reset. However, they always make an excuse up. Latest one, they’re unable to do this due to the account being handled by a fault manager. I speak to one of the 50 fault mangers, they say they can’t do it pending the ISP router. 

Please help before I just leave TalkTalk!

Regards, 

Highlighted
Community Star

I have asked one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use online chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi BBooth,

Welcome to the Community, I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing problems with your service 

Are you experiencing any problems with your telephone service such as noise on the line?

Chris

Highlighted
First Timer

Hi Chris,

No issues with the phone line. The new router arrived today from talktalk and as expected, plug it in and we have exactly the same problem. I notice, we have little to no upload speed either, it’s touching 0.25mb at a push. 

Its still completely unusable. TalkTalk said they called us back today and we haven’t heard anything either. 

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi BBooth,

Thanks for the update. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault. Does your master socket have a test socket? Are you also using all the cables and microfilter that came with the new router?

Thanks

Highlighted
First Timer

Michelle,

Yes, I have done all these test to be honest. I have been plugged into the master sock (non filter, behind faceplate) for the last 7 days.

I have done tests, without the filter, changed the microfilter, changed DNS settings on the router to point to google and not talktalk. I have left it unplugged for 30 mins to reset the line. I have hardwired into the PC. Still exactly the same problem. 

Thanks, 

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi BBooth 

It appears that an engineer visit has been arranged. Did our Faults Team contact you to arrange this visit?

Thanks

Debbie