cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

FAST5364 3.00 Router - Ethernet (wired) connection keeps dying (WiFi continues OK)

26 REPLIES 26
Highlighted
Team Player

For several weeks I have had an intermittent issue with router (For wired connections only)

I started an online support chat last week BUT was cutoff - despite leaving my contact number at beginning of the chat - I was not contacted to continue the diagnostics.

TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub

Serial NumberHardware VersionSoftware VersionGUI VersionSystem Up Time

N7182654N006955
FAST5364 3.00
SG4K10002810t
1d 11h39m32s

NOTE: Router settings are default - no settings have been changed

After a reboot the Ethernet works for a day or two but then fails.  Wireless/internet continues to work.

This fault has been proven with multiple devices (TalkTalk STB, TalkTalk PLAs,Philips Hue Bridge and Wired PC).

All physically connected devices fail simultaneously.

Any ideas other than a replacement Router?

Can't think that rebooting the router daily will work well for updates and DLM management

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi davjb,

I'm sorry to hear this. We now have a newer version of firmware for this router. Are you happy for me to update this for you to see how this compares?

Thanks

Highlighted
Team Player
Thanks Debbie, are you able to direct me to the firmware download so I can do it myself at an appropriate time (when I'm not working)?
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi

The firmware cannot be downloaded.

Can only be updated by the TT systems or by an OCE such as Debbie

Debbie... You mention a firmware level greater than 2810t.  What release level is it please.

Highlighted
Team Player
What sort of outage should I expect for this update?
Can it be scheduled for download/installation overnight?

Thanks
Highlighted
Team Player
Is there a reason why my router would not have already been updated to latest FW ?
Highlighted
Community Star

The firmware release is 2816t

It cures the issues with drop outs for the release 2810t on the Sagemcom router

It should auto update after midnight, but can take a few days to do so

If you allow Debbie or another OCE to manual upgrade, the router will drop offline for say 2 to 3 minutes then come back online.  In other words just a few mins downtime

If that ok just tell Debbie to upgrade it for you.

She will tell you when it is done, to enable you check and confirm.

Hope that helps you a little.

Highlighted
Team Player

Thanks for the information @paulshent .

I'm happy for @OCE_Michelle to go ahead with the manual update as long as it is after 16:00 (so my meetings have finished).

Highlighted

Hi davjb,

We are currently in the process of rolling the new firmware out and this usually takes place out of hours. Unfortunately we're only here between 7-3pm so would only be able to manually push this update during these times.

Thanks

Highlighted
Team Player
Good afternoon. Assuming that update doesn't happen out of hours tonight please could you schedule to do the manual update before 08:00 please. Thanks again for your assistance.
Highlighted

Hi davjb,

No problem, I'll take a look now and get back to you when I've started the firmware update 

Chris

Highlighted

Hi davjb,

Your router has already been update, must have happened overnight 

Chris

Highlighted
Community Star

Interested to know what results you get from latest 2816t router firmware upgrade

Highlighted
Highlighted
Team Player

So far so good however currently have an issue with my TalkTalk TV STB.

This could be related to the same issue OR linked to fact that I finally plugged in a second TalkTalk TV box for multi room access. (Perhaps new STB has taken over as Primary Box and caused an issue)

I'm now getting a TTG-117 Authentication failure (suspect it's a box registration issue)

Network connection seems ok otherwise.

IS anyone able to redirect me to appropriate assistance?

STB with 117 issue has been cold-rebooted.

Model: DN372T.01.02.P

Variant: 001

Serial#: D4QEQA9571624215

Identifier# 001882-DN372T01-0743b111

Thanks in advance

(NOTE: I can provide details of the 2nd STB later if necessary)

Highlighted

Hi

I've removed the registered TV Boxes.  Try a Youview Maintenance Reset (Option 2: Keep Recordings) for each box to re-register and see if this helps.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Highlighted
Team Player

Thank you. I have reset both STB and they are both now working (when the Router is working!!)

Sadly this dropout issue with the router still remains.

Without warning wired ethernet stops working (WiFi generally continues).

Eventually the router gives in completely and front LED goes orange and no WiFi or Ethernet.

Reset is then the only option to fix!! 

Resetting on a daily basis is not really a suitable workaround

Please could somebody assist further

Thank you 

Highlighted
Team Player
Router has died again. No wired or wireless. Happening EVERY day. Back to working from home tomorrow - broadband connection is essential. Help please
Highlighted
Team Player
Broken again this morning (wired broken, WiFi working) - another reboot. This is not good for WFH or for home security (i.e Security Cameras). Can a new router be shipped please
Highlighted
Team Player

@OCE_Karl , @OCE_Chris , @OCE_Michelle - please see me recent updates - the problem does not appear to have improved since the Router Firmware was upgraded.

This is effecting TalkTalk TV, Working from Home & Home Security (Cameras)

Can a replacement be sent?

Thanks