Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

FTTC Superfast fibre broadband

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Gruffski,

The minimum guaranteed sync speed is showing as 0.9Mbps on our system. If your sync speed falls below this then we can pass this back to Openreach for further investigation. Openreach will usually do what they reasonably can to get your speed above the minimum but they do sometimes say that unfortunately they can't improve the speed.

Your current sync speed is now 0.98Mbps

Regarding Openreach's FTTP, I don't know specifically why we don't resell this product but I'm sure there is a good reason. As to whether we'll offer it in future, we have no information about this at the moment

Chris

Gruffski
Participant

Chris

I was previously told that the minimum sync speed was 1Mbps. If it is now 0.9Mbps that is Openreach admitting that the copper cable is deteriorating. I have just run a speed test and got 0.8Mbps download and 0.4Mbps upload, a small improvement. But as you say, this may change over the next few days as the system stabilises. I'll keep an eye on it. 

Shame about TalkTalk and FTTP, as the connection point is at the bottom of my drive. All it needs is 16m of cable. It now looks like I'll have to change ISP, as I want fibre broadband. 

Thanks for your help.

Gruffski Silver Surfer
Community Team

Happy to help. If you could bump the thread tomorrow we can check your connections stats to see how you're getting on 🙂

Chris

Gruffski
Participant

Chris

I waited a few days to let the system stabilise. The router has settled at 999Kbps. This is probably the best I can expect to see. Not much more I can do now except decide when I leave TalkTalk so that I can get a decent broadband speed.

I'll be sorry to leave, but if TalkTalk can not do anything about my broadband connection I'll  have to go elsewhere,  probably BT.

Thanks again for all your help. 

Gruffski Silver Surfer
martswain
Philosopher
Unless you can get actual fibre to the property, then changing providers will not make any difference to your speeds.
Martin
Gruffski
Participant

Martin

You obviously have not read the whole thread.

I can get FTTP and BT are selling Superfast broadband through that connection at the same price as an FTTC connection. TalkTalk are not going to do this. 

Gruffski Silver Surfer
Gruffski
Participant

Bumped for OCE reference.

Gruffski Silver Surfer
Community Team

Hi Gruffski,

I'm glad that you're speed has improved but sorry to hear that you're thinking of leaving. I'm really sorry that we can't offer you fibre at the moment, I know it must be very disappointing.

Chris

Gruffski
Participant

Chris

It certainly is. I now have the hassle of having to change all my contact details to another email account, as I will not be able to keep my current email account active. TalkTalk ought to take the blinkers off and look at the the bigger picture.  More people are suffering the same problems, see @warre post Fibre.

Gruffski Silver Surfer
warre
Popular Poster

If you want to complain the e-mail address of the REMOVED I have done this before with some good results

EDIT - For information on raising a complaint see below.

How do I make a complaint?

Warre
Gruffski
Participant

Warre

Thank for the info. I may well try. At least I may get a reason why TalkTalk are not considering using FTTP connections.

Gruffski Silver Surfer
Colin59
Team Player

A couple of months back I emailed the CEO about a similar problem, I get 5MB FTTC, but fibre from BT is right outside my house, never got a straight answer, did get a callback, but as they 'team' had to admit there's absolutely nothing they can do to improve my speed. as no announcements have been made as to TalkTalk using BT FTTP looks like I'm going to have to jump ship.

warre
Popular Poster

Just jumped ship to B.T. Costs are more but can't afford to wait for T.T. to get their act together. It will be a pleasure not to have to talk to their call centre any more.

Warre
Gruffski
Participant

Colin & Warre

Thanks for your responses, I contacted CEO and they were unable to give me a date when TalkTalk would be able to provide FTTP connection to my property. They are losing, or going to lose, lots of customers. Apparently there used to be 14 TalkTalk customers on my street, now there are only 2, including me. Good luck with your switch guys, I will probably leave TalkTalk soon as well. 

Gruffski Silver Surfer