Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

FTTP ?

8 REPLIES 8
Merseamark
Team Player

Can anyone tell me how to find out when FTTP will be available in CO5 8RY area. New fibre has been installed in the roads weeks ago but when I phoned Talk Talk I was transfered , put on hold, transfered again, on hold , transfered for ever until I lost the will and gave up after 30min+

Someone must want to sell us FTTP or there was no point installing it.

Any help will be great , thanks.  

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @Merseamark

Using the currently published information the CO5 8RY post code has had Openreach Fibre to the Cabinet installed since 2016 although speeds are typically only 20Mbps.

Is the new fibre an Openreach install?

You're aware that TalkTalk do not currently resell Openreach Fibre to the Premises although the CEO said a few weeks ago that TalkTalk would resell Openreach FTTP and other full fibre products from alternate providers.  We're awaiting a formal announcement. Just as we're awaiting a follow up announcement on which locations will benefit from TalkTalk's Fibre Nation roll-out.

Gondola - Community contributor

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Community Team

Hi Merseamark

Just to add, Currently FTTC is available to you with an estimated speed range of 14-22mb.

Thanks

Karl. 

Merseamark
Team Player

Thanks

So FTTC is no faster than ADSL2+ we already have?

BT & Gigaclear know nothing about new FTTP in the road so that only left talktalk in the exchange.

Very strange that a company has invested in new fibre and not want to sell it to anyone. 

Not sure who to ask next. 

Community Team

Hi

Speeds on FTTC are affected by the distance from your local street cabinet.  The greater the distance, the more copper line and the lower the speed.

FTTP will be a better option when available but I'm unable to say when that will be.

Thanks

Karl. 

Merseamark
Team Player

Thanks again.

I have forgotten to ask, what would my upload speed be on FTTC here?

I don't need any faster download than I already have ( around 16meg ) but it would be a great help to have faster upload than the 0.8meg of Adsl.

If I ordered FTTC any idea what the upload speed would be?

Thanks.  

Community Team

Hi Merseamark,

I'm sorry for the delay. Have you checked the fibre availability checker to see what the predicted speed range would be?

Thanks

Merseamark
Team Player

That only gives the predicted download speeds nothing on upload speed. 

Community Team

Hi

The estimated upload speed would be 0.8 -1.2 mb.

Thanks

Karl.