Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Facebook Struggles to Load

21 REPLIES 21
Highlighted
Team Player

When using Facebook on my Samsung mobile, it struggles to load most times. Very slow. Then there are times it doesn't load at all.

As soon as I switch wifi off and go on to mobile data, it loads really quickly.

I do not have a lot of data onmy phone contract but I have paid for an unlimited broadband contract that, it would seem, I am not able to use 😞

I do not have homesafe switched on.

Any help would be appreciated.

Highlighted
Wise Owl

Did you check all the individual Home Safe settings?

Sometimes they can be active by default so just knowing you didn't set them isn't enough.

Do other social network sites load ok?

Fritz

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi Fritz

I do not use any other. Have just got home. Tried FB again. Would not load. Went to mobile data and loaded immediately.

It is a mystery 😮

Highlighted
Team Player
Sorry, yes I checked and I do not have homesafe activated.
Wise Owl

Try another social media site. No need to log in just try to get to twitter or instagram or something.

There's been a recent post where a user seems to have Kid Safe active even though it's off in the My Account settings so I'm just wondering if you have the same issue.

Fritz

Highlighted
Team Player
Hi Fritz
Went to Instagram website and had a look through some of their webpages. All seemed to load ok.
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Liam,

Could I just confirm, does it load ok on any other devices connected to wifi? Does it load eventually or time out?

Thanks

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi Michelle. It varies. Sometimes it times out and sometimes it eventually loads. I use it on wifi at my mums and at work on  their wifi and its instantly loaded. 

Highlighted
Team Player
I even had to wait for 60+ seconds for this page to load!!!
Highlighted

Hi Liam_H_68,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

Chris

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi Chris

I've now added my name, landline and mobile number.

Thanks

Liam.

Highlighted

Hi Liam,

Thank you. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault and the connection stats also look ok. Have you tried separating the SSID's and then retested this again?

Do you also have a different router that you can test with?

Split your router's SSID (wireless network name)

Thanks

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi Michelle

Thanks for the info. I will give it a go when I get home this evening. 

Highlighted
Highlighted
Team Player

Hi Michelle.

I'm afraid it hasn't made a difference. The speed test shows 30+ mb speed which is ok but Facebook pages load slowly or time out...and this webpage took 45 seconds to load and also hangs.

Liam

Screenshot_20200128-191449_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20200128-185058_Chrome.jpg

Highlighted

Hi Liam

Apologies for this.

I can send a replacement router for testing to rule out any possible issues with the router. Would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi Debbie

Yes, that would be great.

Apologies for not answering sooner but it seems I do not receive notifications when I have new messages on here.

Is it possible to have the router sent to my work address in case we miss the delivery?

Many thanks

Liam.

Ah...just found email notifications in spam folder. Apologies 🙂

Highlighted

Hi Liam,

Could you PM me with your work address and we'll arrange this for you

Thanks

Chris

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi Chris

Address sent.

Thanks

Liam

Highlighted

Hi Liam,

I've ordered the router to be delivered to your work address, it should be with you within a couple of days but please allow up to 5 working days for delivery

Thanks

Chris