Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Facebook not working

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
First Timer

Recently had fibre broadband installed and was ok - last few days Facebook and messenger not working properly. Haven't installed/activated home safe yet, any ideas? 

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Phoenix802

I'm sorry to hear this.

Are any other websites or social media sites affected?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
First Timer
I dont have Instagram or twitter, Facebook is the only one I use. I haven't noticed any others, I'm only using my phone at the moment as I don't have a laptop. Haven't tried my PS4 either yet. Like I said, Facebook was working before. Also have trouble loading images on Shpock app too
Highlighted

Hi

Can you log into My Account and just check that any home safe / kids safe settings are not turned on.  Sometimes the Kids safe can be on by default.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

STAY HOME      -      PROTECT THE NHS      -      SAVE LIVES

Highlighted
First Timer

Great that worked - was turned on by default but strange that I was able to access it for a few days! 

Highlighted

Hi

Glad this is now working for you.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

STAY HOME      -      PROTECT THE NHS      -      SAVE LIVES

First Timer

If you use the provided talktalk dns settings of 79.79.79.79 and 79.79.79.80 facebook does not work and provides errors such as invalid certificate or ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL. Changing the dns values to a third party such as google is the answer, so 8.8.8.8  8.8.8.4 allows facebook to work. This is something I believe the engineers should all be made aware of rather than keep going down the check your account validation route to waste time.