Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Fast 5364-3. T8 Router VPN issues

PJH1968
Team Player

Morning Chris

We can try changing the router of course but will note that I have your new WiFi hub  that my colleague here who had the same issues also has and that was resolved remotely with a firmware update.

I don't know if you are able to look at the colleagues (MJE1987) account & see what the resolution there was, that may help. 

Thanks

Community Team

Your colleague router has the same firmware that your router had prior to me changing it on Friday. I'd like to change it back to the previous firmware, is it OK to do this now?

Chris

PJH1968
Team Player

Go ahead Chris, whatever makes it work

Obviously the explanation given to MJE is just the firmware update but there may well have been other changes not explained so consider go ahead given to make any changes required.

Thanks

Community Team

OK, I've just started the firmware upgrade, should complete in a few minutes 

"Obviously the explanation given to MJE is just the firmware update but there may well have been other changes not explained so consider go ahead given to make any changes required."

It looks as though the only thing that was changed was the firmware, so I'm not sure why it's not working for you. Could you please retest when the firmware upgrade has completed and confirm if still not working

Thanks

Chris

PJH1968
Team Player

Thank you.

I'll retest again tonight when get home. 

Is it best to power off the router before testing?

Thanks

Community Team

Yes please, if you could switch it off for 30 minutes before retesting that would be great

Chris

PJH1968
Team Player

Chris

Not worked I'm afraid. I felt it was a little better but certainly not something I could work with.

Thanks

Community Team

Hi PJH1968,

I'm sorry to hear this. Would you like us to send a replacement router for testing purposes to rule this out?

Thanks

PJH1968
Team Player

Morning

We tested the laptop & connection at MJE1987 house who is my colleague who had the same issue that was sorted out by OCE_Debbie, & it worked fine. I therefore have to come to the conclusion that the problem is with TalkTalk. MJE1987 has the same router (we checked) & the same package. Can you check with Debbie what actually was done?

I'm happy to try another router as long as it is as good as the WiFi hub which is advertised as your best ever but in the interim can you please continue to try to sort this issue.

Thanks

PJH1968

Community Team

Hi PJH1968

I've checked and your router has the latest firmware version so this should work ok.

I can send another Wifi Hub?

Thanks

Debbie

PJH1968
Team Player

Hi Debbie

Willing to try anything at this stage just need resolution please.

If you could send your most appropriate/powerful/advanced/best router whatever that may be I'd be grateful. Need to get working!

Thanks

PJH1968

Community Team

Hi PJH1968

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
PJH1968
Team Player

Hi Debbie

Thanks & will do.

Fingers crossed this solves the issue but be thinking of a plan B if not.

PJH1968

Community Team

Hi PJH1968

How are you getting on? Have you received the replacement router?

Thanks

Debbie

PJH1968
Team Player

Hi Debbie

I received the router yesterday & connected it last night but have not had chance to test the VPN connection yet as had to go out. I will be testing it tonight & will let you know how it goes.

Thanks

PJH1968

PJH1968
Team Player

Hi

Now works. Little glitchy, if anything can be done to help that would be appreciated. 

PJH1968

Community Team

Hi PJH1968,

Thanks for the update. Could I just confirm, what specific issue are you experiencing at the moment and is this affecting wired and wireless?

Thanks

PJH1968
Team Player

Hi Michelle

Since the new router we seem to be experience drop out and buffering on all devices. All are wireless we do not have any hardwired. Primarily noticed by my son on his games console, he got kicked several times. But also noticed by myself when using devices ie phones, tablets & when watching TV on catchup there was a very apparent initial drop in picture quality. The VPN is working but is best described as "ok". I can work on it but it is lagging enough to cause occasional frustration. I have done some online speed tests & they show anywhere between 30-40 mbps where I note you purport to provide 67mb.

Hopefully this can be cured asap.

Thanks 

PJH1968   

Community Team

Hi PJH1968,

Does the distance that the device is from the router make any difference to the poor performance you experience?

Chris