cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Fast 5364-3. T8 Router VPN issues

11 REPLIES 11
Chatterbox

I am having an issue with connecting to my works remote desktop via VPN. When attempting to connect it says "(Failed to get domain name) Could not download the configuration from the server".

My IT department has advised that it is something to do with TalkTalk's broadband / router configuration. My VPN works fine on other wifi networks and all other employees using the same setup have no issues. I am using Watchguard Mobile VPN with SSL.

I have already added my first & last name, broadband phone number & alternative contact number to my profile to enable TalkTalk tie up my forum username to the broadband account.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

-
Community Star

There are no known VPN issues with this router, does the IP addresses allocated by your IT dept clash with the standard 192.168.1.0/24 network?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Chatterbox

Hi Keith,

Thanks for your response.

I will check with IT tomorrow but if it does then what can I do to resolve the issue?

-
Chatterbox

Hi Keith,

I have checked with IT and can confirm that my home IP does not clash with either the work broadband or network IP addresses.

Do you have any other suggestions?

-
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi MJE1987,

VPN should work ok with the wifi hub. Just to confirm, which VPN client are you using? Does this also happen if you connect wired?

Thanks

Chatterbox

Its watchguard mobile vpn with ssl

-

Hi MJE1987 

I have updated your router firmware, please can you retest and let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

Chatterbox

Hi Debbie,

All working now, thanks!

Regards

Marc

-

Hi Marc

That's great, thanks for keeping us updated.

Debbie 🙂

Team Player

Hi Debbie 

My name is Phil Hulme & I work at the same company as Marc. I have a new company laptop and am experiencing the same issues as Marc did initially.

I am a TalkTalk customer & have Fibre Broadband and use the same model Wifi-Hub.

Can you please update the firmware as you did for Marc. 

Team Player

Hi Debbie 

My name is Phil Hulme & I work at the same company as Marc. I have a new company laptop and am experiencing the same issues as Marc did initially.

I am a TalkTalk customer & have Fibre Broadband and use the same model Wifi-Hub.

Can you please update the firmware as you did for Marc. 

Hi Phil,

Please can you create your own thread and we can look into this further for you.

Thanks