Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Fast Fibre Boost

13 REPLIES 13
vpalm
Popular Poster

Can anyone tell me how I get the 67mps speed that I'm supposed to get as I have fibre boost on top of my fast fibre.  I'm not getting anywhere near that.  

Victor Palmer
KeithFrench
Community Star

Is this from a speed test, or the router's downstream line rate? First off though, please can you power off your router for a minimum of 30 minutes & power it back up. This is essential to ensure that the speed boost takes effect.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

vpalm
Popular Poster

Keith, thanks for the reply.  The test I use is normally Talk Talk's own speed test.  I have a Talk Talk router the HG 633 but I bought another one a TP-Link C7 to maybe help with the speed.  Would that be ok to use against the Talk Talk one or should I use theirs. 

Thanks 

Victor

Victor Palmer
KeithFrench
Community Star

The C7 is a higher specification than the HG633, is it the variant that has an inbuilt VDSL2 modem? If it has & you want to you can try connecting it to the line that's OK, but I cannot offer you any specific advice on that as I do not have one.

First off though, it is best to check what is causing the problem with the HG633 or your line. 

How do you connect wireless, wired, or a mixture? If a mixture is a wired connection better than wireless?

It is important to see what your line is actually capable of and what your current download speed is.

To help diagnose this issue, please can you log on to your router, by opening a web browser (e.g. Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox & Google Chrome etc) and then enter this address in the address bar:-

http://192.168.1.1

enter the credentials:-

username: admin
password:    use the unique password, which can be found at the top of the label on the rear of the router. It is the one labelled "router" or "admin" password, not the wireless one.

Then go to your ADSL or DSL summary page & paste the stats in this thread.

On the HG633 this is at:-

Maintain > System Information & expand Broadband Information

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.

vpalm
Popular Poster

No it hasn't got a in built modem.  I didn't realise at the time that it didn't have a built in modem or else I probably wouldn't have bought it.  I had a spare bt modem so it turned out I could use it although the speed hasn't been any faster than Talk Talks router I reckon.  

Here's the info:

DSL synchronization status:
Up
Connection status:
Showtime
Upstream line rate (kbit/s):
Downstream line rate (kbit/s):
Maximum upstream rate (kbit/s):
Maximum downstream rate (kbit/s):
Upstream noise safety coefficient (dB):
Downstream noise safety coefficient (dB):
Upstream interleave depth:
Downstream interleave depth:
Line standard:
VDSL2
Upstream line attenuation (dB):
Downstream line attenuation (dB):
Upstream output power (dBm):
Downstream output power (dBm):
Channel type:
Fast
DSL up-time:
0 days 0 hours 11 minutes 41 seconds

Res

Victor Palmer
KeithFrench
Community Star

Have you actually subscribed to the fibre speed boost in MyAccount, because your current downstream Line rate is right at the top for ordinary fibre (39M)?

Keith

Highlighted
vpalm
Popular Poster

Yes, that's what I'm not sure about.  I thought I had but what you tell me seems to indicate that I haven't.  I thought I signed up for the boost when Talk Talk emailed me they had an offer on or whatever.   Can you tell me how I go about getting the boost Keith.  Or maybe I don't need it.  Yes I get around that speed so I suppose that isn't too bad. Although I would like it faster of course. What do you suggest?

Victor Palmer
KeithFrench
Community Star

Only you can decide if the cost of the boost is worth it. Having just looked, I cannot see where you apply for it, so I have asked one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and advise you.

The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use online chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith

Community Team

Hi vpalm

I've had a look and you are on the standard fibre service with no faster fibre boost, so your line is on a 40mb profile.

You can upgrade via My Account if you require a faster speed.

Thanks

Karl. 

vpalm
Popular Poster

I still can't find how you do this Keith. I've looked at offers and upgrades and I don't see anything there.  There seem to be a lot of links that don't get me to where I might want to go.

Victor Palmer
vpalm
Popular Poster

Is it Faster Fibre with Speed Boost at £26 a month? This is what I signed up for.

Victor Palmer
Community Team

Hi

We currently have an incident raised as some customers are experiencing issues with My Account,

If you give our customer teams a call or live chat they can process an upgrade for you.

Thanks

Karl. 

vpalm
Popular Poster

Sorry I meant Karl.   How can I change to this package as it has a better download speed of 67M.  

Victor Palmer
vpalm
Popular Poster

Ok Karl I might try that then. 

Thanks

Victor Palmer