cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Fast Fibre router incredibly hot, shuts off / reboots on a regular basis with an awful signal range

4 REPLIES 4
ljransom
Popular Poster

I just posted about problems with my router in a lot of detail, and I'm concerned as it's a potential safety hazard, yet it was marked as spam for some absurd reason. How am i supposed to get help when no one is taking it seriously?

Divsec
Community Star

Hi LJ, welcome to the community your post has been flagged for assistance and you should hear during tomorrow. I have no idea why your other posts have been flagged as spam.

In the meantime please check your community profile and add your landline phone number if necessary it is used to identify your account.

Good luck with getting a resolve.

Regards Divsec, I don't work here, know little, and have too many opinions.
Community Team

Hi ljransom,

I'm sorry for the delay. Is the router currently located in a well ventilated location? Would you like us to send a replacement router for testing purposes?

Thanks

ljransom
Popular Poster

Good morning. Thank you for your reply. The router is in well ventilated area yes. I would be very greatly to test out another router to resolve this issue. I have also just upgraded to fibre boost and my speeds have only increased from 40mbps to 45mbps. I've shut the router off for 30mins as instructed without any increase in speed. My neighbour who is on the exact same plan and coming from the same telephone exchange is constantly receiving between 65-70mbps (they recommended the fibre boost to me). Will my speed settle? At the moment the upgrade to fibre boost isn't really an upgrade. Thank you.

Community Team

Hi ljransom, I've replied to your other thread.