Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Fast Fibre with speed boost

19 REPLIES 19
Highlighted
Team Player

I have upgraded to speed boost but my speeds have not changed, download is around 38 and upload is around 8.4. my modem reports that my line is capable of receiving 59+ download and 14+ upload Could somebody please help me with this?

Regards Dennis

Highlighted
Community Star

Try turning off the router for a full 30 minutes which will force a new session at the DSLAM, only do this once though. If it works, great. If not we can look into it further for you. Either way, please let us know.

Highlighted
Team Player

I have already tried that but nothing has changed.

Highlighted
Community Star

OK, let's wait until the OCE are back online tomorrow and see what they have to say.

Highlighted
Team Player

Ok thanks.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Denbo2,

How did you upgrade to the speed boost? It doesn't appear that the speed boost has been applied although I can't confirm this at the moment as I can't currently access our billing system

Chris

Highlighted
Team Player

I used the free upgrade offer on the website.

Highlighted

OK thanks, I've sent you a PM to confirm some details so that we can discuss the issue further 

Chris

Highlighted

Hi Denbo2,

Thanks for the PM, I've replied requesting a bit more information 

Thanks

Chris

Highlighted

Hi Denbo2,

Thanks for the PM, I'm really sorry about this but unfortunately the speed boost can't be added as it appears that the potential speed increase provided by the boost isn't high enough. apologies for any disappointment 

Chris

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi I'm also not getting the speeds specified I renewed yesterday 02/01/20 I was on 38 Mb/s Fibre and took up the free offer of the faster fibre of 67 Mb/s but today the speed as only increased by 10 Mb/s to 47/48 Mb/s the upload speed as increased by 100% to 18 Mb/s not very happy to say the least. 

I have also tried unplugging the router and leaving for a full 30 mins. but  there was no difference at all.

By the way I am using my own router which is a Asus RT-AC3200 which it says is capable of giving me the specified speeds

Please can you help thanks

Preston born and bred

Highlighted
Team Player

I don't understand that as my modem reports that my line can support in excess of 59mbps and a couple of years ago i had the speed boost and achieved 70 mbps.

Highlighted

Hi Denbo2,

Was this on the same line? Apologies for this, if it's determined that the speed boost will not make a significant enough of an increase then we don't have the option to manually add the boost to the line.

Thanks

Highlighted

Hi Preston,

I'm sorry to hear this. Please can you create your own thread and we can look into this further for you.

Thanks

Highlighted
Team Player

yes it was on the same line.

Highlighted

Hi Denbo2

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately we will be unable to add this to the line. Unless this shows in My Account (for you to add) then we can't add this.

Debbie

Highlighted
Team Player

Add what?

Highlighted

Hi Denbo2

The fibre speed boost.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Team Player

It has not appeared in my account ever since i downgraded to the lower speed.

Highlighted

Hi Denbo2

As it's not showing in My Account we will be unable to add this speed boost, apologies for this.

Thanks

Debbie