cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Faster 150 Fibre - TalkTalk says not available to me, but OpenReach does!

2 REPLIES 2
Participant

Hi, I'd like to have the option to upgrade to Faster 150 Fibre, which I understand is FTTP, as my phone line is a long way from the existing fibre cabinet, so FTTC speeds are slow.

When I check on TalkTalk, it says that this isn't yet available to my house, yet when I check on the OpenReach FTTP Checker https://www.openreach.com/fibre-broadband/fibre-first it says it is available.

My next-door neighbour already has this from BT, so I know it's available, especially as the fibre runs overhead less than a few feet from my house! I'd obviously like to stay with TalkTalk rather than moving to BT, so this being the case, how do I go about getting this sorted, as I don't have the time to hang on the phone for hours waiting to speak to an operator who will more than likely just say that it's unavailable to me?

Thanks in advance

Community Star

Hi @Rumbler your post has been flagged for assistance and you should hear during the day. A more cynical soul might suggest that openreach are keeping the good stuff to themselves and not releasing access too talktalk till they have maximised their local customers.

I'm sure the OCE team will have a better answer. 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

Faster Fibre 150 is not yet available at your location.  FTTP products may be available from openreach but as yet this has not been extended to TalkTalk in your area.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE