would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Faster 150 Fibre

5 REPLIES 5
john_star_man
Chatterbox

Hi All,

I have just upgraded to Faster Fibre. I was previously on service & download speeds were in range of 34-36Mb (which was reasonable) but as part of the upgrade I was told I could expect speeds of 60Mb+ and would receive a new super fast router. Anyway, to cut a long story short the router never tuned up & speed didn't change. So after numerous on line chats (don't get me started 😞 ) and calls I received the new router. Well I thought this would be end of problems & my house would be unleashed with 60+Mb broadband (kids couldn't wait). However plugged router in & speed dropped to <2Mb, Couldn't believe so wasted another 3 hours of my life trying to sort it out on line & via phone.. no joy even though all tests etc. show no issues. In desperation put my old router back in & couldn't believe it speed was 65Mb+ (joy of joy) - came down this morning & retested & now back to old 34Mb. So essentially I have upgraded my package, got no difference in speed & a router that doesn't appear to work (or works but very slowly).

Would really appreciate any ideas as getting close to throwing it all out the door & going with a different provider.

Many thanks,  John

Community Team

Hi john_star_man,

I'm sorry to hear this and I'll take a look now. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault. Just to confirm, are you running the speed tests wired or wireless? Which router are you currently using? (make and model).

Thanks

john_star_man
Chatterbox

Thank you Michelle,

Its the new TalkTalk Wifi Hub - I think Sagemcom - Has a single LED at bottom that changes colour. So I tested router both wirelessly & with my laptop connected directly to Ethernet port & was same approx 1.5Mb download. LED was solid white by the way. I even went into the control panel using my laptop & temporarily disabled both wifi channels & repeated the test & still no joy. Only the router was connected (nothing else on in house - I even turned TV off). The router was connected to the exact same access point as my old router through which I normally get 34-38Mb. At the moment the 'old' router is plugged back in as I had kids screaming at me last night cause they needed to do homework & revise for tests 😞 When I return home tonight I was going try unplugging the old router & then waiting an hour before plugging the new one in to see if it makes any difference. The strange thing is that when I plugged the old router back in last in desperation my spped had jumped to 65Mb - stayed like this for a few hours (till I went to bed) - this morning with the old router it has throttled back to mid 30's. Like I say the big issue at moment is that the new router is giving between 1.5 to 2 😞 Any help/ suggestions are greatly appreciated - thank you,  John

Community Team

Hi John,

Thanks for the update. Just to confirm, have you tried factory resetting the wifi hub and then retesting the throughput speed again?

Thanks

john_star_man
Chatterbox

Hi Michelle, How exactly do I reset the throughput Speed?  John

Community Team