Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Faster Broadband ?????

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
First Timer

I live in a block of 6 flats.  The fastest speed I have ever had has been 10mbs BUT I currently get no higher than 5mbs. (Today I checked and the speed was 1.26mbs!!!  - This is a regular occurrence) .  A neighbour above me, on vodaphone, complained to his isp that his speed had dropped from 30mbs to 22mbs and they sent open reach to investigate.   I complained to Talktalk about the speed.  The first time they sent an engineer and charged me £40 for the pleasure. He stated the problem was a filter SKY had told me to install on the line was not neccessary and was slowing it down.  There was no improvement and my bank balance dropped like my line speed.  A second complaint appears to have been ignored as there is no improvement and talktalk haven't bothered to get in touch with me. I am apparently tied to an 18 month contract for a service I am not getting.  I cannot stream a sports channel I pay for because the stream is so slow.

My question:  As talktalk do not provide me with the promised 11 to 17mbs, can I leave the company without any penalty to me?

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi,

Can you please add your home phone number to your Community Profile so I can locate your details.

If unsure of your number, simply dial 17070 from your land line phone and this will confirm the number for you.

Please reply when this has been updated.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE