Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Faster Fiber Speed Boost slower than minimum at 45Mbps

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
First Timer

I have just renewed my subscription with TalkTalk on 30/06/2020 by upgrading to Faster 150 Fiber with FiberSpeed Boost (G.Fast 300Mbps)  and the Go-Live date is scheduled on 13/07/2020. Currently, I am still using TalkTalk's Faster Fiber with Speed Boost which is supposed to have a speed range of 60 to 80 Mbps. My issue is for the past 3 months, I have only been having 45Mbps on my download speed instead of 60Mbps for my minimum. I am paying an extra £5 for the fiber speed boost, problem is that extra amount I am paying is not giving me the value for my money. I have raised this issue with TalkTalk several times, I have changed my router to Wi-Fi Hub which was sent to me by TalkTalk as accordingly, my previous "Super Router", a D-Link router, is not compatible with my Faster Fiber subscription which was also supplied to me by TalkTalk. Two days ago, an engineer from Openreach visited my place and did all the possible line troubleshooting he knows, unfortunately, nothing was sorted out. My download speed remains at 45Mbps. Upon checking my Wi-Fi Hub, I noted that my actual downstream rate is only 48998 Kbps, whereas the maximum downstream rate is at 73498 Kbps. Does this mean that my download speed has been CAPPED at 50Mbps? If this is the case, who is to blame for this issue, is it Openreach or TalkTalk? 

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Cadianielle

Apologies for the delay.

Is your router currently switched off?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
First Timer

Hi OCE_Debbie,

My router is always on. I never switch it off as that was the recommendation. 

About my Faster Fibre, it's almost been 4 months now that my download / downstream speed has been merely 45Mbps. I suppose it has been "capped" at that speed by "who knows", wherein my minimum speed should be 60Mbps. When my faster fibre went live on April 2018, I did enjoyed speeds of up to 75Mbps. Nowadays, my speed is nowhere near that, considering the fact that I'm still paying an additional £5 for my faster fiber speed boost and yet I'm only getting 45Mbps. The way I see it, that £5/month should be refunded to me.An Openreach engineer has already checked my line and nothing was found faulty with my hardwares but one thing was consistent... my downstream speed is only 45Mbps. This needs sorting out as it has been like this for almost 4 months, otherwise TalkTalk owe me a refund of £20 for the 4 months of slower than minimum speed.

Kind regards,

Nelson

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Cadianielle,

I'm sorry for the delay. The router is still showing out of sync. Please can you re-check and confirm if the telephone number in your Community Profile is correct? Please do not post any personal information on the Community.

Is the voice service ok and do you have a dial tone? If you do then can you also dial 17070 from your home phone to see if this also reads back the correct telephone number.

Thanks