Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Faster Fiber not any faster.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
First Timer

Hi I signed up for Fiber Boost on January the 31st with a guaranteed speed of 40.1mbps and  I am still receiving the original fiber speed to the router 32.4mbps.

I followed the instructions on the email I was sent to wait 24hrs and the restart the router after 30 minuets without any improvements.

I have since contacted the help chat the first response wast to wait 10 days for line optimization again waited without any improvement to the speed.

After contacting them again on two other occasions I am getting the sames response "Please keep on eye on your service over the next 48 hours this will help us rule out any internal issues as our system is not picking up any faults".

I am hoping somebody could help me with resolving this problem ?

Highlighted
Philosopher

@bluecoltuk  welcome to the group, please not that we can help aswell as the oce on here who are staff

the speed u get might be in the range allowed 

can i ask how are u measuring the speed from talktalk speed test site on a wired device to the router.

Can i also let u know after a reboot of 30 mins it can take some time like up to 10 days to settle down as it has a auto system on fibre side which will find the right profile for u so please leave the router as it is do not turn it off again

can i ask what router u have also have u checked the router website page to see what it shows on their as it can show one speed on a test and another on the speed directly to the router 

A bite of info of Forum:
The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use online chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:- Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

please do not post any personal info on here as full public 

Hope that help Joe R If so then give me a Kudos ( Click the Thumb up Button)
Highlighted
First Timer

Hi Hosay,

It is well over the 10 Days from ordering the boost and from contacting support on the 31/01/20 and the router has been left on in that time unless support has requested me to restart it.

The router is Sagemcom SG4K10002808t router

The download speed showing on the router home page is 32.4mbps.
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi bluecoltuk,

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you and I'll take a look now. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault. Does your master socket have a test socket? Are you experiencing any issues with the voice service such as noise on the line?

Thanks