Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Faster Fibre 150 slowed down

41 REPLIES 41
Highlighted
Team Player

Hi after a few issues l got faster Fibre 150 installed a few weeks ago .Speeds were fine for the first 2 weeks at 120. -130 Mbps however over the last week they have significantly dropped and range between 58 - 97 Mbps. Can someone at talk talk look into this please and advise.

Many thanks.

52 Mbps today Tuesday 8 Sept slower than what it was before installation.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Nautilus186,

I'm sorry for the delay. I've run a test on the line which has detected a possible issue towards the property. Has the set up changed at all since the engineer set this up?

Thanks

Highlighted
Team Player

No the set up is the same.

Highlighted

Hi,

If no changes have been made to the set up then we can arrange an engineer visit to the property. Would you like us to arrange this for you?

Thanks

Highlighted
Team Player

Yes please

Highlighted

Hi Nautilus186,

If you'd like us to arrange the engineer visit can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges
  • Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.

I've also sent you a PM with some additional questions 

Thanks

Chris

Highlighted
Team Player

Hello Chris

I assume that there is no charge if it is openreach or talktalk equipment that is faulty.

On that basis l accept. am would be preferred.

Highlighted

Hi Nautilus186,

No there would be no charge if it's faulty Openreach or TalkTalk equipment. Are you available for any AM appointment? Would you just like us to book the earliest available?

Chris

Highlighted
Team Player

Earliest available would be great. Openreach only installed it 2 weeks ago.

Highlighted

Hi Nautilus,

I've booked the engineer visit for tomorrow AM (September 10 2020, 08:00-13:00) - please let us know how you get on

Chris

Highlighted
Team Player

Sorry to be a pain Chris but something has cropped up at work is there any chance we could arrange it for Friday am instead?

Highlighted

Hi Nautilus186,

I'll take a look at it now, is Monday AM OK if Friday isn't available?

Chris

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi Chris

Monday am would actually be better if it is easier for you.

Highlighted

It doesn't make any difference to me really it's whichever you'd prefer. Would you like me to go for Monday AM even if Friday AM is available?

Chris

Highlighted
Team Player

Yes please Chris as it gives me chance to rearrange my work schedule. Thanks for your help.

Highlighted

No problem. I'll change the appointment and let you know when I've done it

Chris

Highlighted

OK, I've re-booked the engineer for 14/09/2020 08:00-13:00 - please let us know how you get on

Chris

Highlighted
Team Player
Thanks again Chris
Highlighted
Highlighted
Team Player

Hello Chris

Openreach have been and there were some issues from the previous install which have been rectified.

The engineer stated that there maybe a problem with the ethernet ports on my router as after install over wifi I am getting 140mbps but over Lan ethernet the talktalk download speed check link only states 52mbps. As they are 1gb ethernet ports I believe this should not be that case. Could the ethernet ports on the wifi hub be faulty in some way ?