Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Faster Fibre Boost & Wi-Fi Hub

10 REPLIES 10
WaRRioR1976
Chat Champion

I currently have a Huawei HG633 router on Faster Fibre with up to 40mb download. I have upgraded to Faster Fibre Boost with download speeds of up to 75 mb.

Will the Huawei router be compatible with the faster download speeds, or would I need the Wi-Fi Hub? I'm not sure if I'm entitled to a free one, but would be happy to pay for one if I need it. I don't want to pay for a new router though if I don't need it.

Anybody have any ideas or advice? Thank yooooooouuuuuuuuu.

ferguson
Community Star

The HG633 should be fine, if you get a faster sync speed the router will just deal with it.

WaRRioR1976
Chat Champion

Ok  thanks for your reply. I haven't been switched over to the faster speeds yet. If I have any problems with the speed, I'll request a Wi-Fi hub.

WaRRioR1976
Chat Champion

If possible, could an OCE please tell me when my Faster Fibre Boost will go live? I had confirmation email, but no mention of the go live date. Thanks.

Community Team

Hi WaRRioR1976,

How did you sign up for the boost?

Chris

WaRRioR1976
Chat Champion

@WaRRioR1976 wrote:

If possible, could an OCE please tell me when my Faster Fibre Boost will go live? I had confirmation email, but no mention of the go live date. Thanks.

Hi Chris, Thanks for your reply.

I signed up through my account on the TalkTalk website on Friday last week. The order confirmation email  says I can track my order on my account, but I can't see the order details on my account.

Community Team

Hi WaRRioR1976,

I don't think the order has gone through but I can add the boost if you like, just need to confirm some details with you. I've sent you a PM

Chris

Community Team

Hi WaRRioR1976,

Sorry for the delay, I've ordered the speed boost as requested, should take effect within 24 hours

Thanks
Chris

Community Team

Hi WaRRioR1976,

I can see your sync speed is now 73.2Mbps, everything OK at your end?

Chris

WaRRioR1976
Chat Champion

Hi Chris 

Yeah, it's all ok. Speed early this morning was at 30mb, so rebooted router. I'm getting about 58 mb download on Wi-Fi, so I imagine wired connection should be approaching 70mb download. I haven't tried wired connection yet though.

Only thing is, connection has gone from fast to interleaved. I'm not that worried right now though.

Thanks for your help.

Community Team

That's great news, thanks for letting me know 🙂

Chris