cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Faster Fibre Broadband- But we don't have Fibre round here!

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Chatterbox

Can TalkTalk help me please T ?

I got an email from TalkTalk to say that on three occasions in the last month I have reached 'my limit' on the Faster Broadband tariff that I am on.  

I wasn't aware of any limits. 

TT offered me the Faster Fibre Broadband at £25 per month, plus £7.50 telephone boost- thats 32.50 per month.  

I spoke on 'CHAT' yesterday, and asked the lady ( Diana, in the Phillipine call centre how they could give me faster fibre when we DONT HAVE FIBRE CABLE INSTALLED HERE. She just kep saying OK.. you are on a Fibre  etc..  I repeated my query but she was not very clear.

In the end I opted for their Faster Fibre.. Is someone having a laugh.. How can I get faster fibre when we dont have the cables here !.  Have I been paying for a service already on the Fast Broadband, when I didnt need to..

Anyway.. the FFBB is being set up and in process of them sending me a new router.

TalkTalk Please let me know ( as your operator Diana was confusing me- she seemed NOT to know )...how can I get a service like Faster Fibre when WE DONT HAVE FIBRE INSTALLED 

I checked our post code...It says NO.. there's none in your area.

What???

Thanks for help. Talktalk or anybody... !

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Fizzy, welcome to the community. Your post has been flagged for assistance and you should hear shortly. In the meantime please check your community profile and add your landline phone number, it is used to identify your account, please don't post personal details directly in the forum.

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi @fizzy

Thanks for your post. 

If you would like us to look into this, please can you update your community profile to include your home telephone number, we will then be able to have a look at your  account.

To do this go into 'my settings' then 'personal information' then add your details.

Thanks

Highlighted
Chatterbox
Thanks Arne.. I've been and done that ok. Could you give me a reply please ?
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi fizzy

I can confirm that your Telephone exchange and cabinet are Fibre enabled, your order is going live on the 27th

Exchange name: Dudley Hill
Exchange status: Fibre enabled
Cabinet number: 1
Technology: FTTC

FTTC = fibre to the cabinet, so fibre optic lines are installed from the telephone exchange to the green cabinet in your area,then the final signal is carried along the copper wire from the cabinet to you home in  the same way that your current broadband is supplied. 

Enter your post code in this site https://www.homeandbusiness.openreach.co.uk/fibre-broadband/when-can-i-get-fibre   this is BT openreach's official site. 

Hope that clears that up for you. 

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Thank you.. I looked on that link, Unfortunately there was a greyed out area where it had  it had asked for my postcode. That site was not clear and the information was not forthcoming.

I'd looked on another site previous to signing up for TT Faster Fibre, and it showed my postcode as Fibre NOTbeing available to me.

In that case when the router gets here and we fit it, and find out that the service is not available can we then cancel the whoe job lot ?

Could you just answer exactly what I ask, please, and not write just any 'babble'  thanks

Highlighted
Community Star
https://www.homeandbusiness.openreach.co.uk/fibre-broadband worked for me. Fizzy, I doubt you will hear from Arne till Monday as he and his colleagues work office hours.
Try the link it might help you.
I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
Highlighted
Chatterbox

Thanks Divsec.. Will take a look at your link.