cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Faster Fibre - Download 1.8Mbps / Upload 1.4Mbps - TalkTalk for real?

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Kat,

Our Network Team have advised that they have looked into this and that the sync speed looks ok and they can't see any reason for the slow throughput speeds so they have suggested arranging a TalkTalk engineer visit to check the internal set up. 

Just to confirm, do you receive the same throughput speeds on a few different devices? Would you like us to arrange this visit for you?

Thanks

Highlighted
Participant

Hi,

I was away for over a week. Looks like speed has improved all of the sudden however is very unstable. During one test I’m getting 60 Mbps and after a while 20 Mbps or even less. I have left HG633 connected since last tests. Can you please re run your checks to see if anything can be improved before booking a engineer? Should I plug in newer router and keep it on HG633 for now?

Cheers,
Kat

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Kat,

Thanks for the update. I've re-run the line test which hasn't detected a fault and the sync speed looks consistent at the moment. Is it the wired or wireless speed which is varying at the moment? Is the alternative router a 3782?

Thanks

Highlighted
Participant

Hi,

I have been away for three weeks so unstable speed wasn’t so annoying, especially as most of the time was over 30 Mbps making my connection “usable”. Unfortunately another issue came up today... I do not have internet access at all - solid red light on the router. Same issue with second router (sagemcom 5364) - solid amber light. Which steps should I take now? I believe restarting router won’t be a case after reading similar stories 

Many thanks,

Kat

Highlighted
Participant

Just quick update. Internet has started working after a few minutes chat. I will monitor speeds in next couple of days.

thanks

Highlighted
Participant

Some tests: 

1287CEE7-E72C-4BE9-9FBA-B1FF0853F026.png

36D35106-15B8-44E0-8408-EC77E30E5D17.png

AECC1E9F-6D70-46B7-9B65-7D0D7A726D4C.png

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi kaspac,

I'm sorry for the delay. Could I just confirm, were the last 3 speed tests completed wired or wireless?

Thanks

Highlighted
Participant

Hello,

All three wireless. I can do some wired tests today evening. Will post results once done.

Thanks,

Kat

Highlighted
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi kaspac,

So your speeds are much better wired. Did you run the wired speed tests on the same device that you ran the wireless speed tests?

When you run the wireless speed tests, how far away is the wireless device from your router? Is it in the same room?

Chris