Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Faster Fibre Query

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can someone clarify something for me please?  If the promised speeds are a minimum of 55Mbps is that only through a wired connection and not wireless?  We have never received a minimum of 55Mbps even though engineers have now been out 3 times and found no problem on the line.  

KeithFrench
Community Star

This minimum speed refers to the downstream line rate on the router, not wired or wireless speed test results. To get this 55M, you must also be subscribed to the fibre speedboost within your MyAccount.

Wireless speeds can never be guaranteed, as there is far too much in your property or surrounding area that can affect this. Plus, to be able to receive this sort of speed via wifi, you may well have to have wifi adapters that support the newer 5GHz wifi band in all of the devices you plan to connect to this router.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I am subscribed to the boost and have been since I signed up with TalkTalk.  Never ever had the speed we paying for though.  1st engineer changed some wifi settings.  2nd engineer said line was fine but agreed that the speeds were rubbish so changed the socket and we had a new router.  On Monday 3rd engineer came and just said line fine (which I knew anyway) and that we would never receive any higher than what we get due to the distance to the outside box. We get about 49 yet when I told the case manager that this morning she said that's fine as the 55 is for wired connection only and wireless speed is 70% less than the 55.  Is that correct as no one as ever told me that before?

KeithFrench
Community Star

Ok, please can you log onto the router and get me the downstream line rate? If you do not know how to find this, please let me know what make/model of TT router you are using.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry but I have no idea how to get the line rate.  The router is a Fast 5364.

KeithFrench
Community Star

Please login to the router & go to:-

Dashboard > See internet settings > Manage advanced settings > TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub > Device Info > General

Browse down the page to the xDSL section & get me a screenshot of that. Please put it in your reply using the Insert Photos button on the editor's toolbar.

Keith

Community Team

Hi @Anonymous

If you add your hoe number to your Community Profile I can also confirm the sync speed from here.

Thanks

Karl.