Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Faster Fibre: Random loss of internet connection and glitches on YouTube

5 REPLIES 5
Lambert
Wizz Kid

Hi. I've been on Faster Fibre for some time and usually get very close to the advertised speed. In recent months though I've found that my internet connection has been lost randomly although it usually comes back after a short while. Is this Openreach messing around at the exchange? When watching YouTube, the screen will go white for a few seconds and then work normally for the rest of the video. I download updates regularly as they appear and haven't changed any hardware. Any ideas?

Community Team

Hi Lambert

Apologies for this.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults and your line is in sync at 39.2mb. The connection also appears to be stable.

Are you connected wireless when you experience this issue?

Thanks

Debbie

Lambert
Wizz Kid

Thanks for your prompt reply. I've always connected by wireless as a cable connection would be impractical. As you found, though, this hasn't affected the performance. The fault has only emerged in recent weeks. There haven't been any changes in the house. The connection will sometimes drop out only to re-connect in seconds. When watching YouTube, it drops out after a few seconds and then continues normally. It's annoying but not a major problem.

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Lambert

Thanks for your reply.

It would be worth testing different wireless channels to see how the connection compares.

Change your wireless channel

Thanks

Debbie

Lambert
Wizz Kid

Did as you suggested on my HG633 setting the 5g wireless channel to 36. It seems to have helped quite a bit as everything seems to be back to normal. Time will tell! Many thanks, 

Community Team

Hi Lambert

That's great, thanks for keeping us updated 🙂

Please let us know if you do experience any further issues.

Debbie