cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Faster Fibre Router not arrived - Go live 13/01 ??

17 REPLIES 17
Participant

Hi Everyone,

Can anybody possibly help?

My upgrade from Normal broadband to Faster Fibre is due to go live tomorrow (13/01) and I am still yet to receive my new Router for this? Under track my order nothing is displayed and I have received no updates yet so I believe the router is still yet to be dispatched. How do I escalate this, as without the router I cannot go live for the faster fibre?

Please can an OCE respond, Thank you greatly in advance.

(I have ensured I have the correct contact details.)

Marcus Goulding

Philosopher
What router do you currently have connected ?

Some recent models work with both ADSL and VDSL(fibre).
Martin
Participant

Hi Martin, 

I've just checked, It's the Huawei Wireless Super Router HG633. Received it back in 2016.

Marcus 

Participant

Update,

Openreach text to say they will be upgrading me to superfast Broadband but still no new router in the post.... 

Please can my router delivery be looked into? 

Thank you

Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Marcus3

Apologies for the delay.

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so I can look into this further.

Thanks

Debbie

Participant

Hi Debbie,

I have just responded to the message. 

Many Thanks

Marcus 

Hi Marcus

Thanks for the Private Message.

I've checked and I can't see that the router has been ordered, apologies for this.

I have ordered the router now, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive. Your current HG633 will also work with fibre.

Thanks

Debbie

Participant

Hi Debbie,

Understood, thank you for ordering the router and prompt response. Greatly appreciated. 

Regards,

Marcus

Hi Marcus

No problem, please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie 🙂

Participant

Hi Debbie,

Router received now, it is up and running and working well.

Many Thanks.

Marcus

Hi Marcus

That's great, thanks for letting us know.

Debbie 🙂

Participant

Hi Debbie, 

Unfortunately even though my Faster Fibre has been active and fine since 13/01 activation day my account still states it's pending activation. Apparently my Faster Fibre is due to go live on the 27/01 even though it's been activated since the 13/01 and is fine. 

Can you possibly advise? 

Thank you.

Marcus

Hi Marcus

Your line is showing in sync at 40mb. Is this in regards to a fibre speed boost?

Thanks

Debbie

Participant

Hi Debbie, 

I was on standard Broadband before and upgraded to Faster Fibre so I have had the boost in the speed already. The internet itself is fine, the upgrade to Faster Fibre went as expected but on my account it still states it's pending the Faster Fibre with a live date of 27/01??All I believe needs to happen is for my account to be updated to say it's no longer pending going live as I have already received the upgrade to the Faster Fibre.  

Please can you possibly advise? 

Many Thanks 

Kind Regards, Marcus 

Participant
Please can I have a response back?

Regards, Marcus

Hi @Marcus3

It looks like the order has become stuck in our system, I will contact the team responsible to fix it. 

Will let you know when its done. 

Participant
Hi OCE_Arne,

I have looked over my account and it looks like it's been fixed now. The pending live date has been removed. That's great.

Many Thanks!!

Marcus