cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Faster Fibre Router

Eastfield
Conversation Starter

Put the faceplate back. Now download has dropped to 42.4 upload 18.4. Upload consistently around 18/19. Why is upload consistently around 1/2 download?

Eastfield
Community Team

OK thanks for trying. I'll log this over to our network team for further investigation. If you don't hear anything over the weekend can you bump the thread on Monday and we'll check for updates 

Thanks

Chris

Eastfield
Conversation Starter

Thanks Chris. What do you mean "Bump the thread"?

Eastfield
Community Team

Hi

Bump the thread just means post back here requesting an update so the post is flagged up to us for a reply.

Thanks

Karl. 

Eastfield
Conversation Starter

O/K time for an update. Can you please tell me if anyone has looked at this and is doing something?

Eastfield
Community Team

Hi Eastfield

Apologies for the delay.

I've requested an update on this fault from our Network Team and I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

Community Team

Hi Eastfield

The next step will be to arrange an Openreach engineer visit.

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

Eastfield
Conversation Starter

I don't understand! Before I upgraded to "Super Fast Fibre"  I was getting typically 34 Mbps download (against a maximum of 38 Mbps). I am now getting 45 Mbps after the "upgrade". Neither of which suggests a line problem. You are offering to arrange an OpenReach engineer call which potentially will cost me £40. You surely must be able to test the line to my house and hope that you did so. What was the result?

I am just about on the 20 days to change my mind on this upgrade and unless you can deliver on the "guaranteed" minimum speed of 51.6 Mbps (as specified in your order confirmation email) I will have to cancel this order and in all likelihood my Talktalk account.

Eastfield
Community Team

Hi Eastfield,

The speed boost just removes the 40Mbps cap so any line issue that limits your speed but not enough to drop it below 40Mbps wouldn't be noticeable until the speed boost is applied

We need to arrange the engineer to look into why your sync speed is lower than it should be, the line test isn't picking up any issues (please note the potential charge for the Openreach engineer is £65)

Thanks

Chris

Eastfield
Conversation Starter

So what value your "guarantee" of a minimum guaranteed speed of 51.6 Mbps??? I have this is writing in the order confirmation email.

Why should I have to pay £65 so that you can meet this "guarantee"?

You should meet this cost to deliver on your guarantee.

How do I escalate this?

Eastfield
Community Team

Hi Eastfield,

You probably wouldn't be charged, the reasons why/when you would be charged are outlined in the the help article that I linked too.

Please also see our Complaint Process

Chris

Eastfield
Conversation Starter

I have now authorised Debbie, via personal message, to send an OpenReach engineer.

Eastfield
Community Team

Hi Eastfield

Thanks for the PM, I've replied requesting a bit more information 

Thanks

Chris

Community Team

Hi Eastfield,

Our network team have confirmed that the engineer visit is booked for Thursday 5th PM (13:00-18:00), please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Chris