Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Faster Fibre Speed Boost and line sync?

8 REPLIES 8
britpup
Popular Poster

I renewed my contract yesterday and added the speed boost to my faster fibre, got the confirmation email but have no way of tracking the order or knowing when it will go live. I was under the impression it would be within 24 hours. The guaranteed minimum download speed according to the email is 61.7.mb/s but I'm still showing 37mb/s which is what I've been getting for the past 18 months. Then I checked the forum and saw some replies talking about line sync and that some people won't benefit from the speed boost. I've done the power down of the router for 30 minutes and done a recheck and still getting the lower speed.

Would anyone be able to tell me what my line sync is please and if it's even worth it to me? When I check my router information and look at the broadband section it tells me the maximum downstream speed is 75mb/s. 

I am so confused 🤔

Thanks for any help you can offer!

Jo.

KeithFrench
Community Star

As you have already done the 30 minute power down, I have asked one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use online chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

britpup
Popular Poster

Thank you Keith!

I checked that my profile had all the right info filled in before posting, just in case 😉

Jo.

Community Team

Hi Jo

Is the speed boost showing active in My Account?

Thanks

Debbie

britpup
Popular Poster

Hi Debbie,

I'm assuming it should be showing at the bottom of my 'broadband package details' but all I see is the Supersafe boost. The contract end date has changed to show that I renewed.

I did a speed test again just now and still showing 37mb/s down and 9mb/s up.

Jo.

Community Team

Hi Jo

If you click on my package in My Account and then scroll down to Your flexible Broadband boosts, if Fibre Speed Boost is not showing in red under SuperSafe Boost then please click on the Manage Broadband boosts to add this.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

britpup
Popular Poster

Hi Debbie,

Nothing showing under the SuperSafe boost, and when I click through to manage my broadband boost it takes me to the fsecure page with more SuperSafe options, no mention of speed boost.

I took a screen shot of my router info page, from the broadband information section. To me it looks like I should be able to get those faster speeds... unless I'm reading it wrong?

2019-08-02.jpg

Community Team

Hi Jo

Thanks for your reply.

If the option is not showing then your line may not be capable of receiving faster speeds. I would suggest contacting our Customer Service Team again so they can check this for you.

Thanks

Debbie

britpup
Popular Poster

Thanks Debbie,

I'll do that. Thanks for your help.

I just wish they wouldn't make it sound like you can expect these speeds without knowing for sure that your line can handle them, would save people a lot of time and energy.

Jo.