cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Faster Fibre Speed dropped to less than 1mbps!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi,

My speed has been hovering anywhere between 55-65mbps for years, apart from the odd hiccup, the last 3 days I have noticed a massive drop in speed with webpages taking ages to load...just ran three different speed checkers and I'm getting 0.6-0.7mbps! in fact just did another check and I'm down to 0.26. Can someone please look into this as I work from home and at the moment this is having a massive effect on my ability to work..

Thanks,

Mark

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Mark

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Please can you power down your router for a full 30 minutes and then run a speed test following this?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi Debbie,

Tried this and made no difference....however,

I noticed my Phone seemed ok so ran a speed test on that and was getting about 36mbps, so googled around for a bit and then reset all the network preferences on my iMac and rebooted and that seems to have helped. I'm still only getting speeds in the low 40mbps (on all devices) as opposed to the 55-65 I used to get but it's certainly better then the 0.6 I was getting...but if someone could just check my profile to make sure it's ok that would be great as I still seemed to have dropped by about 20mbs...

Thanks,

Mark

Thanks,

Mark

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the update. The line test is clear, could I just confirm are you referring to the sync speed or the throughput speed which was faster?

Thanks