cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Faster Fibre installation not completed

18 REPLIES 18

I am a new customer and had installation on Tuesday 25th August. 

Engineer couldn't finish installation as there was a problem with the road side cabinets. Telephone line was directed to one cabinet and fibre connected to another(open reach problem engineer told me). Have contacted Talk Talk and so far problem not resolved. I have normal adsl broadband (only because I have set up modem just to check to see if what he told me was correct, engineer said I had telephone but no broadband/fibre ).

So now we're at the weekend and know my issue will not be looked at until after bank holiday.

The Communication with talk talk as a new customer is extremely bad and disappointing.

Have posted here in the hope that someone from talk talk notices this and could possibly help resolve issue as telephone customer service so far has been so unhelpful. Also this morning I couldn't believe I received a customer survey on "how did we do" (I low rated  the answers as quite frankly I am devasted with the whole process so far).And finally on my talk talk online account it had the audacity to say "dear xxxxx you've missed your engineer appointment please rebook (honestly I know some things in life are auto posted, but this beggars belief, I'm sure the engineer that was in our flat was human, as he spoke very good earth language and had his company name with the openreach logo on his van also and no it wasn't a space ship ) 

Hopefully as stated someone will pick this up and I can get the speed that I ordered and not the 6.4mb I'm ambling along with at the moment.

On that note happy Bank holiday to all those in the UK and have a great weekend. 

The Internet Ruined My Life. Football Repaired It. The Wife Is Like The Internet.
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Football-Is-My-Life

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can look into this further.

Thanks

Debbie

Thanks @OCE_Debbie 

Pm replied too. 

Many Thanks

Football-Is-My-Life

The Internet Ruined My Life. Football Repaired It. The Wife Is Like The Internet.

Hi Football-Is-My-Life

Apologies for the delay.

I have replied to your Private Message.

Thanks

Debbie

So today openreach were meant to sort their end out, but alas nothing. Waiting for a phone call from talk talk tomorrow (Thursday to see how today went, should be interesting). Starting to get extremely frustrated with all of this.

Thanks for the pm @OCE_Debbie have replied. Didn't know if it was okay to repost on this thread but thought as it's an ongoing problem that it would be better than creating another thread.

Hi Football-Is-My-Life,

I've asked our Order Management team to take a look at this, I'll let you know when I receive an update 

Thanks

Chris

So yesterday’s curtesy phone call from Talk Talk was amazing and informative “It Didn’t Happen”.

Got an email though saying we apologise for the inconvenience and we’d like to offer you an Amazon gift card whilst we try to resolve you initial order. Please understand these are difficult times due to COVID-19 (fully understand as wife has shielded for over 7 months, petrified to go out now) and also the recent bad weather(fully understand that engineers don’t have waterproof clothing for outside work(yes that was written with slight sarcasm about engineers, I’ve fitted windows in worse weather when I wasn’t a carer for my wife) ).

But the great news when login into the “My Account “ page was there in bold  “Your Oder Has Been Cancelled” .PLEASE PRAY TELL BY WHO ?

I’m not sure if I have to reorder or if that will cause some more problems on top of ever building mountain that is appearing daily.

Look I know @OCE_Chris and @OCE_Debbie are looking into this and it’s fully appreciated (seem like the more reliable people within the Talk Talk support infrastructure, but please understand my ever growing frustration especially when awaking to see the my account facade.

Lets just reflect from opening post.

1)Engineer came(my account page says I missed appointment.

2)I have a live telephone (conflicts with what the My Accounts page states)

3)Engineer told me I had telephone but no broadband (I plugged router in, I have ADSL broadband ,fluctuating from 2mbps up to 7.4 mbps) conflicting what engineer expressed.

4) Told by engineer that my telephone/fibre lines are directed to 2 different cabinets(can’t say yes or no on this as it could be possible but not heard of this before personally)

5) Told it would be sorted within a couple of days, got phone call last Friday saying it will be dealt with as a priority but date can’t be given.

6) Got a phone call Bank Holiday Monday just passed stating  Openreach would carry out work on the 2nd (Wednesday just gone) and would receive a phone call yesterday(Thursday) to confirm that work had been done(didn’t happen got a bulk standard email(by the looks of it)

7) 9 days after my go live date I have a raging headache.

Please can this get sorted or at least a curtesy phone call detailing where we go from here and if I in fact do need to reorder (which I really hope isn’t the case because the problem does seem to lay at the split cabinet line connections if any sense of this is to be made) and don’t think I can go through this whole process again.

Await any reply, be it here, PM ,phone call ,but not an email as sorry that is not the polite way to resolve anything.

Kind Regards

Football-Is-My-Life

Edit. 

OK twist just got more interesting. Just logged back into my account to the shock of "welcome back Stephen". We have updated your package as required and you are now on faster BROADBAND. Are you serous. If you can't get me onto fibre for some reason please explain why and who the heck instructed you to contract me for 12 months to this rubbish 7.4mbps dl and just under 1mbps upload. Sorry I've been as polite as possible throughout this but now I'm fuming. Please can someone from talk talk phone me or message me on here and explain how this has gone from fibre to broadband. I understand that come tomorrow that they're probably won't be any support here but this needs resolving ASAP.

I am certainly unwilling to pay the same price for broadband /telephone as I would have got fibre. If you can't get openreach to carry out the work please explain why. I won't be back on until later as the more I write the angrier I am getting. This is shoddy businesses and may amount to fraudulent behaviour on whoever ordered this package from your end. 

Hopefully I'll have calmed down later and await a reply or a CURTESY phone call.

Hi Football-Is-My-Life,

I'm sorry for any confusion. The issue with the cabinets has resulted in the order being cancelled. The ordered needed to be fully cancelled so that a new order could be placed. You should now be able to just reorder fibre but I'll confirm this with our Order Management team and get back to you, apologies for any inconvenience

Chris

Thanks. I eagerly await your reply and apologies if my tone had changed but I'm sure your of the understanding as to why @OCE_Chris 

No problem, I know it must be really frustrating. I'll let you know as soon as I have any more information 

Chris

Hi TT team. 

Just wondering if there is any update on my problem. Will I need to put an upgrade order in or can /will this be done by yourselves. Also has there been any communication between yourselves and openreach regarding the cabinet issue.

Kind regards

Football-Is-My-Life 

Hi Football-Is-My-Life,

Apologies for the delay. Our order management team confirmed that we have to wait until our systems show that you are on ADSL, once you are you will be able to place the fibre order again. I've just checked and it is now showing that you're on ADSL so you can now place the fibre order again. 

I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused by this issue but if you place the fibre order again it will hopefully go through OK

Chris

Thanks for the swift reply @OCE_Chris will get on that straight away and hopefully it will not be like prior.

Kind regards

Football-Is-My-Life 

Right order completed and the 16th of September is the scheduled date for work. Is there any possibility that the engineer is informed of the cabinet issue or can you confirm that you have been in contact with Openreach to make sure (that if there is in fact a problem with the cabinet) that the required work is carried out before the 16th or as it is confirmed that I'm on ADSL (not what I ordered but hey we're getting there I hope) that this work is not needed and it is just a flip of the switch by the engineer.

Again many thanks to @OCE_Chris and @OCE_Debbie for looking into my problem. 

Well today's Faster Fibre(what I  initially ordered) seems to be being worked on. Its been a long wait and very frustrating. Know I need to wait a couple of weeks to get my final speed from DLM doing whatever it does.

So just praying that the speeds I'm getting at the moment don't drop below 45-50MBPS .

Still don't think the engineer knew what he was doing. 

Finally, I've been sent another modem (Super Modem I believe it's called) but think that was for the basic broadband and as I have the WiFi Hub that was originally sent was wondering what one to send back to talk talk (should keep both just in case, but wanted to end on a happier note).

Inclined to keep the WiFi hub as the super modern looks to much like the BT home hub. 

Sorry to bump this but needed to update the only people that had helped all the way through this saga @OCE_Chris @ and@OCE_Debbie @.(sent you both a pm earlier so please ignore it) 

Kind regards 

Football-Is-My-Life 

Hi,

Thanks for the update. What is the make of model of the new router you've received? If this was sent as part of the upgrade I'd recommend keeping hold of both routers as this can be used as a spare in case you ever experience any issues. Is the speed still ok at the moment?

Thanks

Hi @OCE_Michelle

Thanks for the reply. 

It's the super modem/router make is Dlink. 

But as I mentioned in the above post (and after reading several posts on the forum) I believe it was sent as part of the order that was downgraded to basic ADSL broadband (I was sent the WiFi hub with my first order for fibre, the order that started this journey).

But yes if its OK I will keep both as you say just in case any problems arise forthwith. 

My speeds are fluctuating from 36mbps-45mbps(wireless and also xbox one reflected 45mbps wired).

Solid 18mbps upload.

Will wait the 2 weeks to see if it improves.

On service status there are no problems showing as prior to yesterday it did the was a problem, but seems that what ever was done yesterday has sorted that.

Kind regards 

Football-Is-My-Life 

Thanks for the update, just let us know if you need any further assistance 

Chris