Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Faster Fibre is now SLOWER

6 REPLIES 6
Bluebird2
Chatterbox

Back in November 2016 I upgraded my account to FASTER FIBRE. I was getting speeds of, 36Mbps DL and 7Mbps UL with very little variation, and was very happy with the performance. When upgraded to the FIBRE SPEED BOOST, (17/12/2018) almost immediately the DL speed dropped to 30mbps and 7Mbps UL. The confirmation email from TalkTalk stated.

Your Faster Fibre Speed Boost

Your Fibre will be even faster than normal because you've ordered the Faster Fibre Speed Boost.

The estimated download speed on your line will be between 43.0Mb and 61.9Mb with a minimum guaranteed speed of 35.7Mb. Your estimated upload speed will be between 10.4Mb and 16.2Mb. Now that's fast.

After a very long on-line chat with the tech department I was told there was a fault with the router and would be supplied with a new SUPER ROUTER ((D-Link DSL-3782), this arrived two days later. I explained to the Tech person that I was using my own D-Link DIR-890L AC3200 which, in my opinion, is a superior setup to their SUPER MODEM. However, I did what I was asked and set up the Super Modem with just one laptop directly connected only to find the test results were exactly the same the numbers had not changed. The very next day I received a second SUPER MODEM, no idea why????? Will return this later.

Following a second very long on-line chat and in desperation I called the tech dept. (on mobile) to vent my frustration. A very helpful person then suggested I might want a Management call to discuss the problem. At last I thought I might actually get a result. I was booked in for a call between 4pm and 6pm that day, the call came four days later on a Sunday while I was having dinner out with some friends.

The talktalk forum has many posts about this problem. Has anyone out there suffered the same? This has been going on now for over a week with no sign of a solution, I am seriously thinking of changing supplier, PlusNet are looking good right now.

Bluebird2
Community Team

Hi

I'm picking up a possible issue on the copper line.

Can you check the home phone for any noise on the line.

Thanks

Karl. 

Bluebird2
Chatterbox

Hi Karl, the phone seems ok no noise or any other problem.

Bluebird2
Community Team

Hi

OK, next option is to pass this ti Openreach for an engineer as the tests are still picking up copper line issues.

I'll drop you a PM with the info required.

Thanks

Karl. 

Bluebird2
Chatterbox

Hi Karl, thanks for your help on this problem. Have completed a number of speed test now and the results are more or less the same. I did send an email to "myspeedcheck.co.uk" as requested, not sure if you have seen this. Can send you a copy if it helps. Still don't understand how this problem developed almost immediately the upgrade was activated. Do Openreach perform a mechanical change at the exchange, a dogy connection perhaps????

Regards

Bluebird2
Bluebird2
Chatterbox

That should be"myspeedcheck@aol.co.uk"

Bluebird2
Community Team

Hi Bluebird2,

I've replied to your PM

Chris