Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Faster Fibre is slow and I'm at my wits end trying to get technical help

Participant

Hiya

Been on test socket for almost 3 days and no improvements 😞

DSL Type:VDSLCable Status:ConnectedLink Rate:6961/16495 KbpsConnection Type:Dynamic IPNetwork Status:ConnectedConnection Uptime:2 Day 23 Hour 48 Min 46 Sec

Community Team - TT Staff

Hi seh75,

We can arrange an engineer visit to look into this further. If you'd like us to book the engineer can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges
  • Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.

I've also PM'd you to confirm some other details

Thanks

Chris

Hi seh75,

Thanks for the PM, I've replied requesting a bit more information 

Thanks

Chris

Hi seh75,

Our network team have confirmed that the engineer visit is booked for 04/12/2018 AM (08:00-13:00), please let us know how you get on

Thanks

Chris

Participant

The Openreach engineer has been today.  Confirmed that due to age and type of cables outside (old aluminium ones) it's likely that the speed/reliability will never be great in my area.  He has reset the port and had a good fettle with the master socket.  Initial speed is up to 28mbps but I understand this will drop and stabalise over coming days.

So far all my devices are experiencing intermittent issues with wifi so I am hoping this will settle down.  Speed test on mobile phone has been everything from 27mbps to 15mbps to unable to connect completely.  Firestick struggling to get a continuous signal too (can't check sky at the moment as awaiting a new box).  I've restarted everything and will keep an eye on it all.

Hi

Glad the engineer has arrived and made some improvements. 

Keep an eye on things and let us know if there is any improvement in the service.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Participant

Hi Still having issues and have been communicating via private messages but I can't reply today as it says I've reached a limit on messages.

New router arrived today with no difference at all to my connection.  Still only 8mbps!!

I've leave it plugged in and see how it goes over the next 24hours.

Internet Connection

DSL synchronization status:
Up
Connection status:
Showtime
WAN IP Address:
Primary DNS Server:
Secondary DNS Server:

Line Quality

Upstream line rate (kbit/s):
Downstream line rate (kbit/s):
Upstream noise safety coefficient (dB):
Downstream noise safety coefficient (dB):
Upstream interleave depth:
Downstream interleave depth:
Line standard:
VDSL
Upstream line attenuation (dB):
Downstream line attenuation (dB):
Upstream output power (dBm):
Downstream output power (dBm):
None
DSL up-time:
0 days 0 hours 3 minutes 33 seconds

Hi seh75,

I'm sorry for the delay in responding. I've re-run the line test which hasn't detected a fault. It can take between 24-48hrs for DLM to make changes to the speed if the connection remains stable. Could you bump your thread (request an update) tomorrow and we can re-check this again for you.

Thanks

Participant

Hiya

Openreach came out on 10 April.  Did endless checks. Can't fault them really as were at it for over 3 hours. Eventually found a bit of corroded wire about 35m away from the house at a junction box.

They reset my profile and the speed was at 28mbps.  Since then it's been as high as 21mbps and as low as 13mbps.  I just spoke to the complaint handler who seems to think that this is within acceptable limits, however my guaranteed minimum speed should be 25mbps so although it's better, it's not what it should be. I agreed to keep checking for a few more days.

Any further checks you can do would be appreciated as it seems very inconsistent. Thanks

Hi seh75,

Thanks for the update. The line test hasn't detected a fault, however I can see that the sync speed has dropped. Is the voice service ok with no noise on the line?

Is the replacement router still connected to the test socket at the moment? As soon as I've confirmed this then I can ask our Network Team to look into this further.

Thanks

Participant

Hiya

The phone line is fine.  The engineers put the face-plate back on, on Friday, when they'd finished their testing.  So it's not been in the test socket at all since then.

Speed plummeted again last night and not much better this morning. 

I can try it in the test socket when I get home from work if you want me to. 

Can you please make sure that my open case is updated with the speeds you are seeing, as evidence from your end that there is still an issue.  Thanks

Hi seh75

Thanks for your reply.

Please can you let us know once the router is at the test socket, we can then check the speed again.

Debbie

Participant

Hi

Back in test socket

Line standard:
VDSL
None
DSL up-time:
0 days 3 hours 18 minutes 41 seconds

Hi seh75

Thank you. I've checked the connection stats and I can see that the sync speed hasn't increased.

I will raise this over to our Network Team for investigation and I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

Hi seh75

The next step will be to arrange a BT Openreach engineer visit.

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

Participant

Hi

I can't reply to the private message because it says I've reached a quota for number of messages sent.

Can you please explain what the network team have found over the last few days? I'm just not sure what else an openreach engineer can do.  They were here for over 3 hours last week and literally checked everything they could. So it would be good to know what your guys have seen going on this week.

On Saturday morning I had a 45min conversation with the case manager for my complaint.  She re-set something on the router.  It's been over 20mbps since then.  That is looking promising but again, I don't really know what has been re-set so at the moment have little confidence that this has fixed it.  Continuing to monitor.

Line Quality

Line standard:
VDSL
None
DSL up-time:
2 days 14 hours 39 minutes 5 seconds

Hi seh75

Apologies for the delay.

Are you still unable to send the Private Message?

Our Network Team advised that due to a build up of errors and interference on the line this appears to have capped the speed.

Thanks

Debbie

Participant

hi

I have been able to send a private message today. Thanks

Hi seh75

Thank you, I have replied to your Private Message.

Debbie