Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Faster Fibre speed boost

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Repeat Guest

Have just added faster fibre speed boost to my package on Saturday which should go live today was told it would probably take another 24 hours for this to work ? 
Does it normally action automatically or would I need to switch off router for 30 mins for this to happen? 

Jo B
Highlighted
Community Star

They say "up to midnight" so wait until then if necessary before trying the 30 minute switch off. Keep us posted one way or the other.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Joblake1966

Please can you add your TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, we can then look into this further.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Repeat Guest

There does seem to be a better signal now so hopefully that means the speed boost has taken effect. 
thank you for all your help. 

Jo B
Highlighted

Hi Joblake1966

Thanks for your reply.

What speed are you now receiving when running a speed test?

Debbie

Highlighted
Repeat Guest

Hi Debbie, my measured speed is currently 45mb today which when I do a live test says my broadband is below what it should be and could be improved, think should be between 49mb and 78mb. 

Thanks Jo

Jo B
Highlighted

Hi Joblake1966

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so I can check the predicted speed range for your line.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted

Hi Joblake1966

Thanks for confirming your details.

The predicted speed range for your line is showing between 71 and 51.5mb, with a guaranteed minimum speed of 45.1mb.

Your line is now showing in sync at 55.9mb. What speed are you receiving today when running a speed test?

Thanks

Debbie