Did you mean: 
Need help?

Faster Fibre - terrible performance

UnclePunch
Team Player
Still no dial tone.
Community Team

Hi @UnclePunch

A fault has been detected so I will pass this to our network team. 

Community Team

Hi @UnclePunch

We have requested an engineer to go out to the exchange in the next 48 hours. 

We can check the fault ticket on Friday for an update

Regards

UnclePunch
Team Player
Problem appeared again tonight. Between 7pm and 10pm my down/up went as low as 3mbs each (lower at first). I reset the router which made no difference, since then I have plugged directly into my test socket to see if I notice anything. Is there an update from the engineer coming out last week?
Community Team

Hi UnclePunch 

I've requested an update from our Network Team and I will post back on this thread shortly.

Thanks

Debbie

Community Team

Hi UnclePunch 

The notes advise that the engineer did complete work at the cabinet.

I've completed a line test which is detecting a possible fault. Is the landline service working ok when making calls?

Thanks

Debbie

UnclePunch
Team Player
I've managed to make a call for the first time, its not the best line but it worked. Since switching to the test socket I've also had better down/up speeds.
Community Team

Hi UnclePunch

Is the line noisy?

Would it be possible to test with a corded handset at the test socket with the router removed from the line and check for noise?

Thanks

Debbie

UnclePunch
Team Player
The line crackles and has reverb (even being able to hear yourself).

I don't have a corded handset, but tested the line directly and it sounds the same as with the router plugged in.
Community Team

Hi UnclePunch

Thanks for your reply.

Do you have 2 separate cordless phones? (just so we can rule out any possible issues with the handset)

I can then raise this fault over to our Network Team for investigation.

Thanks

Debbie

UnclePunch
Team Player
I do not unfortunately.
Community Team

Hi UnclePunch

Would it be possible to test your phone on a different line? (family or friend)

Thanks

Debbie

UnclePunch
Team Player
Tested the phone on a different line and it was all clear.
Community Team

Hi UnclePunch

Thank you.

I've escalated this fault over to our Network Team and I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

Community Team

Hi UnclePunch

Our Network Team have attempted to contact you to complete some further testing.

They have suggested arranging a TalkTalk engineer visit so further testing can be completed. Would you like me to arrange this visit?

Thanks

Debbie

UnclePunch
Team Player
I would. Would this be weekday only?
Community Team

Hi UnclePunch

We can also try and arrange a weekend visit

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

Community Team

Hi UnclePunch,

Thanks for the PM

I've passed on your availability to our network team, we'll let you know when we receive confirmation that the visit has been booked

Thanks

Chris

Community Team

Hi UnclePunch,

Our network team have initially logged this out as a non-appointed task, we should receive an update within 48 hours so if you don't hear anything beforehand can you bump the thread on Thursday and we'll check for updates 

Thanks

Chris

UnclePunch
Team Player
Any news?