cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Faster Fibre - terrible performance

Community Team

Hi UnclePunch,

I'm chasing this up for you, if you don't hear anything later today or over the weekend can you bump the thread again on Monday

Chris

Community Team

Hi UnclePunch,

Our network team have asked if you can retest as it appears that a potential fault has been cleared (latest line test is passing)

Chris

UnclePunch
Team Player

Speeds are back up to 74mb download and 18mb upload, so looking good. I'll check again during 7.30pm and 10pm just to see it's performance in peak time.

Community Team

That's great news, thanks for the update 🙂

Chris

UnclePunch
Team Player

Having to resurrect a dead thread, but getting troubles again. Getting between 6-8mb at the time ranges of 7pm-10pm.

Community Team

Hi UnclePunch

I'm sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults and your line is in sync at 78.4mb.

Are you running a wired speed test when the speed is slow?

Thanks

Debbie

UnclePunch
Team Player

I've done both types of tests. It's only this bad during the times of 7pm to 10pm. Otherwise I'm getting the desired speeds. 

Community Team

Hi UnclePunch

Thanks for your reply.

Are any other devices connected and in use when the speed drops?

Have you run the speed tests on different devices?

Thanks

Debbie

UnclePunch
Team Player

I've done the speedtest on my mobile and PC. Both the same. Several devices connected but these two are the only ones in actual use at the time these have happened. 

Community Team

Hi UnclePunch

Thanks for your reply.

Please can you run a wired ping and trace route to www.google.co.uk when the speed is good and another one when the speed drops and post the results on this thread?

Run a Ping or Traceroute

Thanks

Debbie