Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Faster Fibre with Speed Boost but on a 40/10 connection

Highlighted
Participant

Hi Debbie

Have not noticed any issues with the connection dropping and I've not rebooted the router over the last few days.

Yes the download sync is now 44, dropped since this morning when it was 47.1. I was getting over 50 Mbps after I switch the router off as you suggested.

Kind regards

Flor

Fhlor
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Flor

Thanks for your reply.

Is the router at the test socket at the moment?

Have you tested with a different router.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Participant

Hi Debbie

The router is not plugged into the test socket and never has been The router I'm using was recently supplied and is a TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub version SG4K10002808t. I have an old TalkTalk router.

The sync speed is now back down to 40 Mpbs 😞

Kind regards

Flor

Fhlor
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Flor

Would it be possible to connect the router at the test socket for 48hrs (just for testing purposes) so we can see if DLM starts to increase the sync speed in this set up?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Participant

Hi Debbie

Removed face plate and plugged directly to centre socket using a micro filter.

Kind regards

Flor 

Fhlor
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Flor

Thank you. If you post back on this thread on Monday evening then we can check the connection stats/speed again to see if DLM has made any changes to the line profile/speed.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Participant

Hi Debbie

Have been connected to the test socket for 48 hours and the sync speeds are, down 35 Mbps and 20 Mbps up which is not good 😞

Kind regards

Flor

Fhlor
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Flor,

I've re-run a few tests on the line and one has detected a possible issue towards the property and the other is clear. Would it be possible to connect the alternative router at the test socket so we can re-run the tests again?

Thanks

Highlighted
Participant

Hi Michelle

Original router now plugged into the test socket.

Kind regards

Flor

Fhlor
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Flor,

Thank you. Did you also replace the cables and microfilter? Is the voice service also working ok at the moment with no noise on the line?

Thanks

Highlighted
Participant

Hi Michelle

No, I have just changed the micro filter and cable. We don't seem to have any issues with noise on the voice side.

Kind regards

Flor

Fhlor
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Flor,

As you've only changed the micro filter and cables yesterday could you give it at least another 24 hours to see if DLM responds to any potential improvement resulting from the change

Chris

Highlighted
Participant

Hi Chris

I am still showing a sync speed of 35 Mbps down and 20 Mbps up.

Shall I put the new router and cables back on now?

Regards

Flor

Fhlor
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Flor,

Thanks for testing the different routers at the test socket and I'm sorry that there has been no improvement in sync speed.

Unfortunately as we can't reset the sync speed from here the next step would be an engineer visit to the property to investigate further. At the moment due to the availability of engineers we're only able to arrange engineer visits to the property for Total Loss of Service faults for vulnerable customers.

At the moment we're not sure when this will return to normal so can't provide any timescales, apologies for this.

Thanks