Faster Fibre with Speed Boost way lower than guaranteed minimum DL

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Repeat Guest

Faster Fibre customer since oct 18, at the start was quoted speeds of

Minimum Guaranteed speed 61Mb

Download speed 67Mb to 80Mb

Upload speed 19Mb

However lately it has been much, much slower. At the moment the hub dashboard is showing

15Mbps Download, 10Mbps Upload, with DL dropping to under 10Mbps on some occasions.

This is via a wired ethernet connection from pc to hub. hub is connceted via master socket.

Any help?

Highlighted
Philosopher

@CrisWard88 welcome ok just to let u know one of the staff will pick this up and do some checks on their end for u and reply back with any info they have on what might be causing this issue.

Can u try turning off the router for just over 30 mins and then back on again as this will make a new connection with the network.

then just leave it on.

how is ur phone line is it working fine no noise on the line as that can effect ur speed on bb if the phone line has a issue???

can i ask u to do a speed test on a wired device if u can on the talktalk speed test on there website in my account.

please do it on the talktalk site as it will log it on ur account so the staff can see.

The staff are oce and should reply in a few days to a week.

if u can finish of ur profile so when the staff get to ur topic they can help

A bite of info of Forum:
The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time,(excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays).  The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:- Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

please do not post any personal info on here as full public 

Hope that help Joe
If so then give me a Kudos ( Click the Thumb up Button)
Highlighted
Repeat Guest

I've done the 30+min switch off and a couple of speed tests as requested, I dont use the landline so cant comment on any noise.

Profile is updated with talk talk number. 

Highlighted
Repeat Guest

In addition, speed test ran with only PC connected via cable to router, no wifi devices connected.

Also tried resetting the hub holding down the reset button with a pin but getting same speeds around 15mbps

In Service Centre under "Your line speed" currently showing 'est speed 61-80mb'
'Measured speed today 18mb' so something is definitely off.

Highlighted
Repeat Guest
Highlighted
Philosopher

@CrisWard88 BUMP after 2 days is not the right reason as the team now take up to a week from last post.

BUMP it will not get no where at moment.

Please just wait for a oce to reply soon 

Hope that help Joe
If so then give me a Kudos ( Click the Thumb up Button)
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Cris,

I'm sorry for the delay. I've run a test on the line which has detected a possible fault towards the property. Does your master socket have a test socket? If it does then would it be possible to connect the router directly at the test socket so we can re-run the test again in this set up please?

Thanks