Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Faster Fibre with speed boost not hitting guaranteed speeds

13 REPLIES 13
Chatterbox

Hi,

I recently upgraded to faster fibre with speed boost after fibre finanally became available in our area.

I was guaranteed a minimum of 67Mbps and a max of 80. So far we have not got past 57Mbps.

On checking the sync speed on the router it was only achieving 61Mpbs on the line. I spoke to talttalk support who sent a D-Link Talktalk router after they claimed the New Asus DSL-AC88U router I have was at fault. Much to my disagreement.

I have tried the Talktalk router today and the Sync Speec dropped to 50Mpbs. Ruling out the ASUS Router as the fault.

I have since reconnected the ASUS router and the sync speed has climbed upto to 59mbps with 13ms latency but its still not the guaranteed speeds.

Is it possible to get a speed profile change on the line to the guaranteed speeds?

Thanks

Community Star

TalkTalk have no access to Openreach's DLM, so what you request, whilst oerfectly reasonable, is not possible. The first thing to try is to power the router off for a minimum of 30 mins toensure that all of the previous sessions are cleared. If that does not work, let me know & I will pass it over to the TalkTalk OCEs on this forum to deal with as a fault.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Chatterbox

Hi Kieth,

When testing the D-Link router provided by Talktalk the line dropped speed. As such left everything disconnected for over half an hour before reconnecting the asus router to ensure a new session would be started.

If you could pass this tothe OCEs that would be appreciated so we can get the speeds guaranteed by TalkTalk.

Thanks.

Community Star

That is done now, hopefully they will pick this up on Monday.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Community Team - TT Staff

Hi KiefWard,

I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault. Does your master socket have a test socket?

Thanks

Chatterbox

Hi Michelle,

The router is now connected to the test socket. There has been a minor increase in the downstream sync to the exchange but only to 62Mbps from 59.

This is what the line was running at prior to me testing the provided TalkTalk router.

Thanks,

Hi KiefWard 

Thanks for your reply.

Would it be possible to leave the router at the test socket for a full 48hrs whilst DLM is monitoring the connection in this set up?

Thanks

Debbie

Chatterbox

Hi Debbie,

Yes I am happy to leave the router connected to the test socket for a few days.

Thanks,

Hi KiefWard 

Thank you, please can you post back on this thread on Thursday and we can check the connection stats/speed again.

Debbie

Chatterbox

Hi Debbie,

It's now been over 48 hours since I connected the router to the test socket.

The line has been stable with no connection drops.

However the downstream sync speed has not changed and is still 62Mb (62153Kbps).

Thanks,

Hi KiefWard,

Thanks for trying that. Are you experiencing any problems with your telephone service such as noise on the line?

Chris

Chatterbox
Hi Chris,

We are not experiencing any issues at all. Everything is perfect.

No drops in call quality or call drops.
No interference on calls either.

Even with the internet, the connection is perfect, low latency, low jitter, stable speeds and no internet drops.

Everything is running perfectly and without complaint (Bar the speed) just not at the connection speeds promised.

Thanks,

Hi KiefWard,

Ok thanks for the update. I'm just sending you a Personal Message to confirm some details so we can look into the predicted speeds you were advised.

Please do not post any personal information on the Community, reply via Personal Message (PM) only.

Thanks

Chatterbox

Hi Michelle,

A reply has been sent to your PM.

Thanks,